Wilderness Is Paradise Now Review

morning runner: Wilderness Is Paradise Now
Release Date: Mar 28, 2006
Label: EMI
Genres: Rock
Morning Runner release their debut album Wilderness Is Paradise Now, and the four lads definitely give pre-conceptions and stereotyping of the Indie label some food for thought.
 9.6
 9.7
 9.4
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Wilderness Is Paradise Now Reviewed by: wibble147, on april 13, 2006

Sound: Morning Runner have a very similiar musical styling to Arcade Fire. A subtle blend of guitar and piano makes this album one of my favourite albums of all time. Not too rock, not too folk, not too pop, they have hit upon, in my opinion, something close to perfection. // 9

Lyrics: While the lyrics are packed full of meaning and are (rare in modern bands) as if not more important than the music itself. Burning Benches, a song of unreturned love, with the repeated "But it's not heaven without you" really speaks. Work, has the best lyrics, a song I recommend for all the unemployed out there! // 10

Overall Impression: Wow. I picked up this album a couple of weeks ago and I haven't stopped playing it. It is so beautiful, and unlike most piano dominated albums, it is not depressing. Gone Up In Flames and Great Escape are all very uplifting, musically anyway. But there are songs in there that you can listen to when you wnat ot be depressed as well! Buy this album now. // 10

Comments