A Call To The Martyrs Review

Genre: Rock
 9.5
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
A Call To The Martyrs Reviewed by: bcielefeld, on may 13, 2004

Sound: I don't know what was better. The drums(double bass pedal!!!)? The Guitar(distortion!)? Or the vocals(screaming!)? All together it's even better. Out of Alabama, Mortal Treason tears up the ears of any easy music listener. The guitar was creative and extemely skillfully done. The drums were fast and loud. The vocals range from highpitch to low pitch screaming to almost talking. The hardest thing to believe is that their christain. Listen to the CD and you'll understand the surprise. // 10

Lyrics: You have to read the lyrics to understand them but the are very well sang. They fucking rock! // 6

Overall Impression: It was a death metal sound with christain lyrics. "A Walk Thru The Woods" was one of the best songs on the album. I had the pleasure of hearing it done live first. If you read the review I wrote on Falling Up then you know I first heard of them at a rock festival. Well these guys were at that same festival tearing up the stage right after them. // 8

A Call To The Martyrs Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 23, 2004

Sound: Holy crap. I almost took a vicious dump in my pants when I first put the CD in. Right from the get go, track one rips your face off then gives it back at the end of the CD. Double bass, brutal growls, an awesome scream, unbelieveable riffs. Any band can put together some sweet riffs, good beats, good vocals, but to tie it all together as perfectly as this band does, oh man they rule so hard. // 10

Lyrics: Being a Christian, I love it. If you're not a Christian then you have 2 options: 1. Just buy the CD; you can't understand what he's saying anyway unless you lookup the lyrics. 2. Become a Christian so when you do catch a glimpse of what he's saying, it'll be gravy. Other than that, I don't know if the lyrics really matter, you'll be rocking out way to fiercely to care. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been waiting for a Christian band like this for a while. If you like As I Lay Dying, Nodes of Ranvier, Living Sacrifice, FewLeftStanding, Seventh Star, then these guys should definitely be at the top of your list! And what makes this band even harder, the lead singer Seth Kimbrough, he rides for Team Hoffman! Holy Crap! I high recommend this album. Please support this group so they'll come out with more material! // 10

More Mortal Treason reviews rating latest review