Commit This To Memory Review

Released: Jun 7, 2005
Label: Epitaph
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk-Pop
Finally something that does not sound like every other band. This band surley will have great success in the future.
 Lyrics: 8.8
 9.4
 9.7
Commit This To Memory Reviewed by: harveyn590, on july 18, 2005

Sound: This album sounds much like the last with catchy guitar hooks and their trademark mood. Although many of the songs sound similar they still sound different from other artists in the same genre. This CD is produced by Blink 182's Mark Hoppus. He did a good job and didn't really take over the record. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are alright some repeditivness but still good. I think that lyrics match the songs well. I think Motion City Soundtrack put it best when they compared their music to donuts, sugary and poppy on the outside but hollow in the middle. // 6

Overall Impression: They do some truly great pop songs on this album. "Time Turned Fragile," " When Your Around" and "Everything Is Alright" are perfect examples. Their music is still a breath of fresh air but I would like to hear more musical diversity on them. // 8

Commit This To Memory Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 03, 2006

Sound: Motion City Soundtrack's uniqueness is due to there use of catchy keyboard and guitar sequences. It really blends well into a heavenly combination of sound. This CD is definately more mature than "I Am The Movie." The band has had time to get much better. This album's quality is great. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics range from easy going things to very deep statements. Some of the lyrics are very touching. They fit very well with the music. Not to many conflicts to speak of. Justin's singing is excellent. No one can imitate his unique sound. He also writes most of the lyrics so he sings like he actually means them. // 9

Overall Impression: This album blows me away. I really can't compare the sound to anyone else because it is unique. I think MCS is the best keyboard/2 guitar/bass/drums band there is. This album reflects that. "Everything Is Alright" is an awesome upbeat song. On the other end of the spectrum "Hold Me Down" and "LG Fuad" are deep songs with deep meanings. The only thing I dislike is why "Hold Me Down" has a 1:00 solo of pretty much light static after the song. I know thats the last track, but is it really necessary. If this was stolen I would buy it again and track down whoever stole it to give them hell. I would definately recommend all modern alternative rock fans to pick this album up. // 9

Commit This To Memory Reviewed by: randomkiller, on may 30, 2006

Sound: I actually had not heard motion city soundtrack before I bought this CD (well, I had heard "My Favorite Accident," but at the time I heard it, I loved it, ubt didn't know the band). I went to best buy and asked whats a good band with a keyboard in it and the person at the desk gave me it. When I heard the first song, "Actractive Today," I was blown away. After listening to the album, I loved how they mixed keyboard and amazing guitar lines, and the fact that they were they first keyboard-infused-punk-bands I have ever heard. These guys are probably one of the most original bands out there. In "Hold Me Down," the guitarline is probably one of the best I've ever heard, and is a complete show off of the vocals. All the other songs are like that. The best tracks on the album are all of them, no joke. // 10

Lyrics: When I heard the lead singer for these guys, I was thinking in my head "Did the Slipknot lead singer completely change his style and bands?" I was listening to alot of heavy stuff at the time i.e. Dream Theater, Slipknot, Metallica, The Used, they all have amazing lead singers, and I had been blown away. Even my mom liked the lead singer. He is almost as good as the Slipknot lead singer, but not that hes mega heavy or anything, it's like when he goes all calm and sings is like the Motion City Soundtrack vocals. Pure amazingness. Lyrics, they sound like a diary. I was looking in the lyric book thing, and it looks like a diary, with notes to the side, its very good thought put to the lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: This is an album I have in my other CD binder, with CDs no one can touch but me (yeah, I'm a bit obsesive). It is completely original, the guitar lines are decent (7/10) but the keyboard makes them a perfect ten. so the vocals match the guitarists style. "Hold Me Down" shows perfect guitar lines matching with vocals, while "Hangman" shows amazing lyrics put into vocals nicely, and good guitars behind it. If I lost this, the second it was gone, I'd buy another one. Perfect 15. One of the best CDs I have ever heard. // 10

Commit This To Memory Reviewed by: fret13, on august 09, 2006

Sound: in my opinion this band rocks, they have a different sound, vocally and instrumently referring to the moog. this CD is just about as good as I am The Movie but is more intence I think. This CD has the best MCS song ever in my opinion, Everything is Alright, it also has two more hits, Hold Me Down, wich is slower and L.G.Fuad, I can't pronounce it but it's an awesome song nonetheless. thier vocals have definately changed I don't know if it's an improvement but it still sounds alright. I just bought this CD and found out it also has a DVD which I still need to look into but it's a fairly decent CD. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics some times have no meaning at all but kind of give you a picture of some thing, in my opinion, funny. Not that it's bad because it isnt most of these songs sound like they were made by fun for fun and not too many bands do this these days. The lyrics go with the tune if is slower than the lyrics are more modest but if it's upbeat and catchy you got a crazy song. The lead vocals are amazing and unique and cachty. no one can hate his vocals. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a one of a kind band that I have a feeling is going to spread inspiration to younger bands which could start a whole new categorey of music. I think Everything Is Alright is the best song on the album and if you buy the CD/DVD like me you'll get the bonus track Invisable Monsters. This is a CD worth buying again. // 10

More Motion City Soundtrack reviews rating latest review