When Love Met Destruction Review

artist: Motionless In White date: 09/21/2010 category: compact discs
Motionless In White: When Love Met Destruction
Released: Feb 3, 2009
Genre: Rock
Tracks from "When Love Met Destruction" were met with great anticipation after the band passed out demos and samplers throughout the Warped Tour.
 Lyrics: 8.5
 9.6
 9.4
 9.8
When Love Met Destruction Reviewed by: Shoeless Hobo 8, on april 06, 2009

Sound: This album is amazing all around. Lets start with the vocals. Chris' screams and regular singing is amazing. His harsh screams will never grow old. Then TJ does an amazing song of singing in basically every song that he sings in. TJ's vocals are much like the singers from The Devil Wears Prada, which are excellant. Lets go to guitars and bass now. Many of the songs on the album have great guitar riffs in them, including the amazing tapping that some songs include. There are also many awesome breakdowns. The drums are also phenominal, especially in Billy in 4C Never Saw It Coming. The drum intro is really cool to listen to. The keys are also awesome. The keyboard riff in To Keep From Getting Burned is great. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics for these songs are amazing. To Keep From Getting Burned has such an awesome chorus for lyrics, being 'Everything that you ever loved, will be taken away the moment you shut your eyes. Of all the things I've ever done, the worst has been the past few months, it's hard to keep from getting burned, when love is like fire.'. Those lyrics are amazing in everyway. a lot of the lyrics make you think sometimes too, like from Ghost In The Mirror' choros 'So tell me dear, can your heart still break, if it already stopped beating? '. The lyrics go along with the music perfectly too from the way Chris and TJ decided to sing/scream it. // 10

Overall Impression: This band deserves to be huge, rather then where they are now. They have been included on a Top 100 Bands you should know about, and in my opinion, every fan of punk, screamo, metal, death metal, and even rock should know about these guys. Some very impressive songs (my favorite) from this album have to be To Keep From Getting Burned and Ghost In The Mirror. Both songs are hardcore and awesome and fast-paced, but also meaningful. These guys are also amazing in concert and it's a must to see them. They are some of the nicest guys you will ever talk to, and some of the most awesome guys to see on stage. // 10

When Love Met Destruction Reviewed by: miserysxcompany, on september 21, 2010

Sound: Motionless in White completely broke off into a tangent from all of the stereotypical Metalcore/Post-Hardcore scene. Utilizing a synthesizer, syn choirs and other eerie atmospheric effects. The drums combined with the guitar are completely brutal, while still being classified (loosely) into the Metalcore genre. The only downside I can think of is the lack of changing tone and ambiance; It often seems like the guitars simply play open-fretted notes or the same note many times. While this is not a huge thing, as it is really isn't too noticeable, it's a pet-peeve of mine. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics center around love, vampires, and occult-esque things. Very stereotypical Gothic (which they do claim to be Gothic, so it's not too surprising). Most of the lyrics that are cleanly sung are very creative, and are likely to creep into your Facebook status every now-and-again. The only song I didn't like lyrically was "Whatever You Do ... Don't Press the Red Button!" which is about necrophilia (ehem...) but it was, even then, written romantically. Vocally, this is one of the best bands I've heard. The clean vocals in this album are to-die-for, and surprisingly not auto-tuned (seen them live multiple times). The screaming vocals are excellent as well, however, I'm not a fan of their low-pitched growls. They're not completed screams, they're somewhere in the middle between clean and screaming. // 7

Overall Impression: As I said before, this band went completely off on a creative tangent with this album, and it will be very polarizing between being "Emo/Goth crap" or a masterpiece. Personally, I've fallen in love with the band (Could you tell?) As far as favorite songs off of this album, whenever I introduce someone to this band I show them "She Never Made it To The Emergency Room" (There are two versions, make sure it's the WLMD version), because the introductory screaming instantly captures the listener. Aside from that, the romantic, slower tracks at the end are very nice, for love weenies such as myself. I honestly don't know of anything I dislike in this album, besides not being a huge fan of most of their Gothic themes, it is very well written instrumentally. If stolen or lost, I would buy it twice, just to say I did. // 10

More Motionless In White reviews rating latest review