Red, White And Crue Review

motley crue: Red, White And Crue
Released: Feb 1, 2005
Genre: Rock
Styles: Pop-Metal, Hair Metal, Heavy Metal
Red, White And Crue serves as a crystal-clear window into a blurry world that only the Crüe could have constructed.
 Lyrics: 8.6
 8.9
 9.3
 8.5
reviews (9) user comments vote for this album:
Red, White And Crue Reviewed by: AxlRose54, on january 11, 2006

Sound: If you've never listened to motley crue, this is probably the first CD you should bye. Motley Crue (Vince Neil, Mick Mars, Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee) was an early hair metal band similar to Poison, Ratt, and Guns N' Roses. This 2 CD greatest hits CD has every single good song of theirs to date, since it was released in 2005, as well as a few new demos (most notabably "If I Die Tomorrow"). Best songs on the 2 CD's include: Live Wire, Kickstart My Heart, Home Sweet Home, Shout At The Devil, Dr. Feelgood, Girls, Girls, Girls, Wild Side, and Anarchy In The UK (Sex Pistols cover). // 9

Lyrics: Lyrics go well with the song, motley crue sings about sex, drugs, and alcohol (in the '80s who didn't). Singer Vince Neil isn't as talented as others, but he makes up for it with his emotions and expressions in some of the songs, including, Smokin' In The Boys Room, Girls, Girls, Girls, and Home Sweet Home. // 7

Overall Impression: If you like Poison or Guns N' Roses, listen to Motley Crue, and vice versa. Best songs are (in order on the 2 disks): Live Wire, Helter Skelter, Shout At The Devil, Smokin' In The Boys Room, Girls Girls Girls, Wild Side, Kickstart My Heart, Wihtout You, Dr. Feelgood; Anarchy In The UK (cover), Home Sweet Home, Generation Swine, If I Die Tomorrow. Defitanly a great deal, 37 songs for $19.98 on iTunes music store online so get it now if you don't have it! // 9

Red, White And Crue Reviewed by: shaun_griffiths, on august 04, 2005

Sound: Ok so it's all really diverse here. They have over 30 songs from over their 3 decade (decadent) career. The first disc is mainly the classics Dr. Feel Good, Girls Girls Girls, etc. although putting Home Sweet Home on the second disc seems odd to me. Anywho there's pretty much a song for every one on here. The tone is superb, guitarist Mick Mars manages to vary his tone whilst always making it sound Motley. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are fantastic, almost all songs written mainly by bassist Nikki Sixx are extremely well thought out and organic sounding. Although certain songs are written primarily by other members i.e. Planet Boom is a song which Tommy Lee wrote and the band played. This was in the '90s where they all individually wrote a track and the band played. Mick Mars' track Bittersuite Oddly has no lyrics but it a jazz/blues/metal fusion instrumental which is actually exceptionally good. // 8

Overall Impression: This is definitely a must for any crue fan. It's the definitive collection of the best tracks and there is enough on here to satisfy your taste for hard rude rock n roll 'till the Crue get back in the studio. // 10

Red, White And Crue Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 26, 2005

Sound: I bought this album a couple of days ago. I'm listening to it right now, and it's playing "Willd Side." Every song in this album is awesome and I would deffinately buy it if it got lost. The best sounding tracks, in my opinion, are Live Wire, Too Fast For Love, Black Widow, Looks That Kill, Too Young To Fall In Love (That's my moto), Shout At The Devil, Smokin' In The Boy's Room, Use It Or Lose It, Girls Girls Girls, You're All I Need (The Best Song), and the rest, really. // 10

Lyrics: The Lyrics are really good. I love the lyrics in Smokin' In The Boys Room, and You're All I Need. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, I'm a big '80s hard rock/metal fan, even though I'm only 13. This is the best '80s album that I've accumulated. It's the best album in the world, and I say that any one in the world would absolutely love it. // 10

Red, White And Crue Reviewed by: slashVR, on march 31, 2005

Sound: I personally think Motley Crue's sounds is amazing. Every one of the 37 songs on this double disc album, each member gives it their all. Tommy Lee's thundering drums, Nikki Sixx's gut-wrenching bass lines, Mick Mars' amazing guitar riffs and Vince Neil's Banshee-like screaming vocals are just great during every song. There is really nothing overly bad about the sound on this album. You can really pick out the difference in sound with Mick's guitars as you progress through the songs. While most people don't like Mick's early guitar tone on "Shout At The Devil" for example, I love it. I still can't figure out how to copy it though. All in all, the sound is excellent! // 10

Lyrics: Most of their lyrics are very simple, nothing really hard to understand (ex. Girls, Girls, Girls and Looks To Kill). But the lyric choice is very good with their style. I believe the lyrics deserve a 5/5 rating simply because the lyrics may be simple, but it suits them so well. The only thing is "If I Die Tomorrow" it's not a usual Motley Crue song, but still, I love it, it's one of my favorite songs. Their lyrics still deserve a 5 star rating. // 10

Overall Impression: I really don't believe anyone could copy the sound of Motley Crue. They are a mix of metal, hard rock, hair metal, with a bit of a pop sound. Mixed together, they have created something totally original and I believe that Motley Crue will always be rememebered for that along with many other reasons. This double disc is a great collection of their songs and is a definite must have for any true Crue fan. Even if you aren't a huge fan of them-buy this album, it will really change your mind about this band. // 10

Red, White And Crue Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 10, 2005

Sound: Classic Motley Crue sound, big guitars, big drums, big bass. Mixing rock, hair metal, punk and metal with poppy bits. It's got attitude but it catchy and tasteful at the same time. Everything is done professionally, e.g. there's only a solo when it's needed. Everything comes in at the right time, no let downs in musicianship here, all perfectly placed for maximum effect. // 8

Lyrics: Ok, well Vince's lyrics aren't to my taste at all. Mostly about girls and sex theres nothing remotely deep, emotional or touching about the lyrics until some of the later tracks (If I Die Tommorow, Home Sweet Home). But while the lyrics aren't really good they suit the music and Vince's singing skills are one of the best and his american cheesy voice suits the Motley Crue sound perfectly. His voice has certainly not deteriated. // 8

Overall Impression: This is the perfectly balanced motley crue collection containing all their best material over the years, no stand out tracks have been left out, everything you'd expect and want is on here. Comparing this to Van Halen's best of both worlds, motley win hands down. This is Van Halen 10, theres just no filler tracks here. Best tracks include Dr. Feelgood, Bitter Pill, Black Widow, Shout Att He Devil, If I Die Tommorrow and Kickstart My Heart. The only let down is the lyrics but they suit the music so it's not too much of an issue. // 10

Red, White And Crue Reviewed by: superguitarist1, on november 17, 2005

Sound: Motley Crue, as you probably know, is a slightly heavier sound than most metal. So I was glad to hear the same old Crue sound. It's a perfection all it's own, absolutely original, and amazing. The styles are just normal Crue with added distortion on each song. // 10

Lyrics: Vince Niel is amazing vocally. Especially after so much time. Their newest hit, Sick Love Song, is, in my mind a better song than some of their older material, so that's good. The lyrics fit the music in perfect harmony. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said, Motley Crue has their own true sound, so they're like nothing else. My personal favorites, are Girls, Girls, Girls; Smokin' In The Boys Room; Anarchy In The UK; Sick Love Song; Black Widow and a few others. I really don't know that I hate anything about it. And even though I don't currentlyown a copy, I would definitely buy this again. My friend has it though, and he listens to it every day. // 10

Red, White And Crue Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 14, 2006

Sound: The overall sound of this Greatest Hits collections is superb. They take the Motley Crue sound and boost up the music quality so it sounds perfect. Motley Crue is a band that has a distinct metal sound to them that no other band has, if you like Ratt or any '80s bands, get this CD! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are awesome in every way possible. Vince sings and yells out every note in perfection, and pitch with every single song. If I Die Tomorrow has probably the best lyrics I think out of their newer stuff. Their old stuff just kicks ass. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall they're one of the best bands out there and always will be. This CD has all their best songs packed into 2, 20 song CDs, including some of their new stuff as well. I can't put this CD down at all. I listen to it everyday and I'll be going to see em at the Sovereign Center in Reading this Saturday. If this CD were stolen or lost, I'd find the person who stole it, beat him to a pulp, and take ti back. Or if it was broken I'd definately buy it again. // 10

Red, White And Crue Reviewed by: njustice4all, on january 04, 2007

Sound: This is Motley's absolutely greatest CD yet. It is almost like their second greatest hits cd. There is not much goin on with the art work of the album cover just a shadow of some chick in a bikini and the American flag without any blue. But inside thir kick ass CD there are 2 discs. The first containing: Live Wire, Piece Of Your Action, Toast Of The Town, Too Fast For Love, Black Widow, Looks That Kill, Too Young To Fall in Love (Remix), Helter Skelter, Shout At The Devil, Smokin In The Boy's Room, Use It Or Lose It, Girls Girls Girls, Wild Side, You're All I Need, All In The Name Of, Kickstart My Heart, Without You, Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away), Same Ol' Situation (SOS), and Dr.Feelgood. Holy God! that's just 20 amazing sounding songs on the first disc. On the second disc there is: all of the rest of the best kick ass Motley Crue songs. Totaling on the second disc at! 7 songs! So for the 2 discs combined there are 37 Motley songs! All of the songs are completely digitally remastered for ultimate sound, clarity, and headbanging. Motley has brought you great music for over two and a half decades now, and they still haven't failed to make a kick ass album, that every past and present Motley Crue fan will love these killer tunes. This CD is a great addition to your growing music collection. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics that come out of Vince Neil's mouth cannot be beat. Ecvey song has great orignality and personality in this sweet album. This is Vince at his best. He has got some kick ass pair of lungs, my god. He can really sing his ass off sometimes. Motley Crue would be nothing without Vince Neil behind the mic stand. // 8

Overall Impression: This band has so much talent and respect that they can be compared to Van Halen or even Judas Preist. There is no such thing as a bad Motley Crue song. Evary song is a headbanger and is worthy of everlasting greatness and I guess kick-assness to for that matter. I saw Motley in March of 05' and they were awesome. They played almost every song on this sure to be platinum CD. The booklet inside of the CD case tells the story of the Crue. It is not to long of a story but definetly worth your while. // 10

Red, White And Crue Reviewed by: micksbiggestfan, on june 12, 2007

Sound: Motley Crue is an '80s hair band with a hard rock sound that could be found on the famous Sunset Strip. Vince Neil, the lead singer, can be described(by a friend) as a hard-rockin' surfer dude with a gnarly high-pitched yowl. His vocals are usually very high. The drummer Tommy Lee plays very upbeat rythms using plenty of cow bell(for those of you that have a fever). The bass lines by Nikki Sixx suffice for '80s metal but show their true colors in small fills when the guitar isn't playing. Mick Mars plays riffs and solos with fewer chords and more licks. They can be described as common '80s hair band licks. I use this description very lightly as he plays with a style of his own and that is the closest description of it. Most of the songs in the second disc were recorded with John Corabi who replaced Vince Neil when he left the band. The second CD, consisting of their more modern tunes, is a perfect example of how Motley Crue has adapted to the changing sounds of rock. Overall, Motley Crue is the symbol for '80s hair bands. Red, White, and Crue is a two CD compilation of some of the Crue's best and most memorable songs. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very catchy and easily understood, while not as easily sang. They are mostly very shallow and tell stories and anthems, bringing us back to the days when rock was about the good things in life. The lyrics are only deep in a few songs such as "You're all I Need" and "Without You." Motley Crue sings songs about girls, drugs, sexuality, money, cars, murder, and crime. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall, I think that it is the best music you can buy if you are a Crue fan. The lyrics are very catchy and unforgettable. I also think that it is the best to buy if you've never heard them or are just getting into them.It shows a perfect aspect of where the band came from, where they are today, and exactly how they got there. CD one is reminiscent of the old Motley Crue with some their best and most famous songs. CD two has all the proof of Motley Crue's adaptive ways with many of their newer songs. There is plenty to love about this set, and very little to hate about it. Being a big fan of Motley Crue myself, this is the most prized of all my music possesions. If I had lost it, I could not go on without replacing it. Definitely the best of Crue. // 10

More Motley Crue reviews rating latest review