The Millennium Collection: The Best Of Motley Crue Review

motley crue: The Millennium Collection: The Best Of Motley Crue
Release Date: Oct 7, 2003
Label: Hip-O
Genres: Pop-Metal, Hair Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Album Rock
It keeps it short and sweet with a dozen tracks, most of which date back to Motley Crue's '80s output.
 9.3
 6.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
The Millennium Collection: The Best Of Motley Crue Reviewed by: screechy, on march 11, 2006

Sound: I love Motley Crue and everything about them, but this CD in some ways disappointed me. First off they put "Hell On High Heels" which in terms is a good song but the reason I don't want it on there is for the shear fact that is doesn't have Tommy Lee on drums and if your making a CD (this only has twelve songs on it) you should make it count with all the songs with each band on it (Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee, Mick Mars and Vince Neil). Second "Hooligan's Holiday" nice sound but Vince is not singing, that should not be. And straight out take out "Anarchy In The UK" cause it is sung by other people but if it was done by Motley Crue version I would accept it. I would put the songs "Dr. Feelgood," "Wild Side" and "Livewire" but you may say different. I would say I like the story inside the CD covering part, it is a little about Motley Crue (but not even close to all the stuff) which added to the CD. I love Motley Crue's song style: Drugs Sex And Violence are what most of the songs are about. Mick Mars is an excellent guitar player with a standard tune of drop D. These guys still rule but the CD could be better. My all around favorite songs are "Shout At The Devil," "Girls, Girls, Girls" and "Kickstart My Heart" but there are many more. // 8

Lyrics: I think Vince Neil is the perfect singer for Motley Crue, but I wonder who else could sing for them? In "Generation Swine" Nikki Sixx is singing and I got to admit he is good. Vince has the right sound and singing structure to make the songs sound perfect to the way they are suppose to be. Not much more to say other then he rulez. // 10

Overall Impression: It is suppose to be a collection album it could of been better. The Red White And Crue album is better but it has over 35 songs while this CD has only 12. The most impressive song is "Kickstart My Heart" becuase at the end Mick does a sweet tlak box trick while soloing away. I love everything about Motley Crue but like I said the CD needs work. If it was lost or stolen I would invest in another CD. // 10

More Motley Crue reviews rating latest review