Inferno Review

artist: motorhead date: 01/04/2006 category: compact discs
motorhead: Inferno
Released: June 22, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Thrash, Heavy Metal, Speed Metal, British Metal, New Wave of British Heavy Metal
Inferno is no exception, as the sum of its' parts does little to deviate from the formula.
 Lyrics: 8.7
 8.7
 9.3
reviews (3) user comments vote for this album:
Inferno Reviewed by: xJaCkALx, on july 16, 2004

Sound: Heavy driving riffs and Lemmy's signature snarl. This CD is very good, although it would help to be into Motorhead or at least metal/speed metal/hard rock for you to truly appreciate it. It's no Stairway to Heaven, but its some kick ass rock and roll. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are good and match the music. You know typical demonic, kill everyone and kick their asses, big scary monsters, metal. Again, Lemmy is awesome, but its no Stairway. // 8

Overall Impression: Its a good CD. There's a fair amount of variety but it could still get repetitive after a while. My favorite songs are Down On Me, In The Black, Keys To The Kingdom, and Whorehouse Blues. Its a very good CD. Whorehouse Blues is amazing to hear on the same album with the rest of the CD, Motorhead proves they can rock but still play some kick ass blues. If it was stolen/lost I'd get another copy, because its great. Like Lemmy said, "We want to be the band that if we moved next door to you, your lawn would die." // 8

Inferno Reviewed by: black_sabbath, on january 04, 2006

Sound: Heavy metal in its rawest possible form. Motorhead is a band worth worshipping. If only they gave us some more original albums the entire world might have agreed to me when I say they are Gods. Inferno showcased all possible talents of Motorhead. A band that doesn't get the appreciacion it demands. Lemmy the lead vocalist is possibly the world's rawest, roughest and greatest vocalist. The songs featured in this album display an unedited quality which no other band seems to show. There are a few solos that are absolutely mindblowing. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are as mean as the singer. That's the least I can say I mean, Motorhead isn't much about the lyrics. Its all about the vocalist and the solos. Lemmy is a briliant vocalist. The reason I say this is that he has this raw quality in his voice that is really hypnotizing. In the song Killers, present in this album, he has an uncomparable and unforgettable control over his voice and the listeners mind. I heard him cover metallica's Enter Sandman and I have to admit the part when he sings "Hush little baby don't say a word, and never mind that noise you hear" is an experience in its self. // 10

Overall Impression: Motorhead's Inferno is right up there with the other great heavy metal albums and is an album that will leave you mezmerized. It is an album with great solos and unbelievably brilliant vocals. If you are a metal lover this album is a must have. The best tracks according to me are the Killiers and Fight, the latter being my favourite. If you somehow lose this album, I think you better go to the sotres and buy yourself 2 copies, one for now and the other just in case. This is a precious album that demands respect. // 10

Inferno Reviewed by: Cyrus-602, on august 09, 2004

Sound: It still sounds like classic motorhead with some good solos, the songs are quite simple but catchy and fun to listen to. All the riffs fit together well with the drums and it sounds good. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are ok, some of the older motorhead songs are better though like bomber, too late too late and maybe ace of spades, there are similar songs on this album and lemmy gives the lyrics what they need, he dosen't really sing but when it comes to droning hes pretty damn good. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall it's a good album and well worth adding to your metal collection, the best songs are Killers, Down On Me, In The Black. It's speed and heavy metal mainly but if you like Metallica Kill'em All and early metal you should like it. // 8

More Motorhead reviews rating latest review
+ Motorhead 8 06/10/2014