We Are Motorhead Review

artist: motorhead date: 10/15/2005 category: compact discs
motorhead: We Are Motorhead
Release Date: May 16, 2000
Label: CMC International
Genres: Thrash, Speed Metal, New Wave of British Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, British Metal
It maintains the generally high standard of the band's second decade, and while there aren't many speed-freak theatrics.
 9.5
 9.9
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
We Are Motorhead Reviewed by: chuckles_34, on october 15, 2005

Sound: Before I had ever listened to the album I set it as an alarm to wake me up for work in the morning. When 4:30 rolled around "See Me Burning" kicked in as the opening track I literally woke up in a panic. While that was the only classic speed track on the album it does not stand alone in kicking your ass. The overall sound is classic Motorhead with decades of life. Lemmy actually apologizes in the CD jacket for becoming older and slowing down. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are prime time to say the least. The traditional fierceness of Motorhead along with there uncanny humor. some lines that I normally find myself singing are from "See Me Burning" that goes "Come on over later bring your sister, I swear to you she wont be in the way" and the albums title track "We Are Motorhead" - "We are the flame at night, the fire in the trash/We are Motorhead, Born to kick your ass." The lyrics, in my opinion, were the finest aspect of the album, and delivered by Lemmy it doesn't get any better. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is up there with a few of the best Motorhead tracks ever, however overall it does fall short in terms of entire albums when compared to the groundbreaking "Ace Of Spades" or "Bomber." Favorite tracks are without a doubt the opening "See Me Burning" and the closer "We Are Motorhead" there is also a cover of the Sex Pistols' "God Save The Queen" which is a treat for any punk fan. Motorhead is the reason I now carry a weapon incase anyone were to ever attempt to steal any of there catalogue from me, We Are Motorhead is no exception. // 8

More Motorhead reviews rating latest review
+ Motorhead 8 06/10/2014