Mr. Bungle Review

artist: mr bungle date: 01/25/2006 category: compact discs
mr bungle: Mr. Bungle
Release Date: 1991
Label: Warner Bros.
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Heavy Metal, Experimental, Funk Metal, Alternative Metal, Experimental Rock
Mr. Bungle is a dizzying, disconcerting, schizophrenic tour through just about any rock style the group can think of, hopping from genre to genre without any apparent rhyme or reason, and sometimes doing so several times in the same song.
 9.6
 9.2
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Mr. Bungle Reviewed by: King ofKumbucha, on january 25, 2006

Sound: Mr. Bungle is an example of what happens when talented virtuoso musicians get together, do a lot of drugs and make brilliant music. Mr. Bungle's sound is unlike any other band you will ever hear. It would be impossible to peg-hole them as every song on this album could fit into a different genre. This is by far the most innovative and creative band I have ever heard (along with Frank Zappa). // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are some of the weirdest sh*t I have ever heard. They make SOAD's "Vicinity Of Obscenity" seem like ordinary run of the mill lyrics. As for the lyricists skills. Mike Patton is probably the greatest vocallist ever recorded in rock. Even if you hate Faith No More (I know I do) trust me, this album will change your mind about his personal ability. // 10

Overall Impression: I cannot compare this album to any other I have ever heard (and I challange anyone else to try). I'll list the tracks and what genres they fit, just so you can see how bizzare this album really is. // 10

More Mr Bungle reviews rating latest review