The End Of All Things To Come Review

9.7
 9.5
 9.8
The End Of All Things To Come Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 24, 2003

Overall Impression: Metal heads rejoice, Mudvayne has put out a new album and the band is better than ever. Mudvayne is a band with amazing talent that take melody, complexity, musicianship and speed and come out with something that is way beyond mindless low-tuned bashing. This album goes from melancholy on songs such as "World So Cold" and "A Key To Nothing" to blinding fury in "Silenced", "Shadow of a Man" and the title track "The End Of All Things To Come". The combination of breakneck drum beats, mind blowing bass, crushing guitars and gut wrenching vocals provides for a metal album that is simply perfect. This may not seem true to a fan of a different genre but to someone who likes angry, heavy, head banging music such as myself, the album is flawless. // 10

The End Of All Things To Come Reviewed by: Vinny_Barberino, on october 28, 2003

Sound: Hands down without barely a listen, you know this is one of the best Metal albums to come out this decade. Mudvayne is so much more then the Nu-Metal they somehow get grouped with. The truth is, this is an exceptional album, by one of the most talented bands in the genre. Ryan Martine's funky bass groves and pops are almost unheard of in any music in this style. The drumming is also exceptional, full of double bass goodness, as he tries to keep up with time changes from hell. Chad Grey throws in beautiful vocals and pyschotic screaming, while Greg Tribbet cranks out just enough in the Riff department to keep any guitar player satisfied. And all these styles flow in an amazingly unique way. Face it you know Mudvayne when you hear them. That being said, although this album has a lot better sound quality, I think their debut "L.D. 50" is a tad better. There are still some great songs though, the title track, Silenced, The End of All Things to Come, Not Falling, and World So Cold.. seem to all be gems. Just not as many as on the first album. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are all over the place. Chad Grey has an undeniable style, full of what seems to be a dark past. Most of the songs deal with this, although none reach the depressing beauty of "World So Cold" a song I can barely believe came from them its so amazing in its lyrical content. All in all the lyrics to this album are an improvement to Live Dosage... when you get past Chad's depressed thoughts (the basis too most of them) There is a great song about censorship in "Silenced", a trademark kill for no reason song "End of All Things to Come" and a song on the more positive side in "not Falling". Great lyrics all around. // 10

Overall Impression: Definitely worth buying, it blows about everything out of the water recently. I highly recomend, but you must purchase L.D. 50 with it, because they are both just as good. Please, pass up the Godsmack and the Korn and give a new metal band a little more worth your money a show. They kick some serious ass. // 10

The End Of All Things To Come Reviewed by: AmorVincitOmnia, on march 06, 2006

Sound: Much like all nu-metal albums, this is very unique. When I first saw the video for Dig, I thought Mudvayne was just some Slipknot wannabe's. Dig really does not show what this band is made of. The bass all throughout this album is very nice, and so are the drums. The guitar is typical nu-metal pinch harmonics, but there is enough of them to get by. There is also some unique and strange sounding riffs, which makes you forget about its simplicity. I would have preferred some longer songs, but it was very well done. Everything works so nicely, you would really have to listen to it to understand what I mean. This is a good sounding album, but not quite as innovative as LD 50. // 7

Lyrics: Chad Gray is a very interesting character. His lyrics are very angst-driven and thought provoking. Being an optimist, it is hard to agree with a lot of his views and beliefs. Many of the songs are so bittersweet because of this. He fills you up with a sense of hopelessness, like he has given up on humanity. Some songs have somewhat positive lyrics, but still have that nagging depression hidden behind all of it. It really draws me to this album, as I find different outlooks on the world to be very interesting. Chad Gray has an incredible singing voice, and a decent screaming voice. Chances are, you will know what band is playing just by hearing Chad's vocals. He doesn't seem to scream because he believes it sounds good like most Metalcore bands do, but he screams because he is actually angry, and his emotions are expressed clearly throughout this album. // 10

Overall Impression: I enjoy this album a lot. I just got it a couple of days ago and I have not stopped listening to it yet. I really like "Not Falling," "A World So Cold," "Mercy, Severity," "(Per)Version Of A Truth" and "Silenced." Some songs are a little boring, but not too bad. The positives outweigh the negatives by far. I would burn another one if it was lost or stolen, possibly even buy it if I had the money. If you like Nu-Metal and don't mind screaming vocals, get this album, or get LD 50. It is worth it. // 8

The End Of All Things To Come Reviewed by: castoo, on november 16, 2007

Sound: More math metal, but not quite as experimental as their other CDs. At first I regret buying this, after a few days things changed. This CD is terribly catchy, and I love it. Their double bass drums which is nice, not so much in the way of bass guitar (in comparison to LD-50, or even Lost And Found). It's metal, but a bit lighter/crappier sounding than lost and found (even though I like this more), some songs seem a bit more thrash, silenced and trapped in the wake of a dream, and the recording seems a bit off. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrics are typical great mudvayne lyrics, with some sweet weird alien crap in it (Mercy Severity), and some odd religious stuff (Not So Great, Solv Et Cogula). (Per)version of the truth is the best song lyrically, followed by not falling. Chad's singing is good, though below LD-50 and lost and found. the worst singing/lyrics are end of all things to come and trapped in the wake of a dream (skrying also sucks, but 3 minutes through there's a really cool part, and end of all things to come is good just because it's so in your face, same with silenced). // 10

Overall Impression: Worth buying, but below their other albums (beyond any korn or slipknot though). Best songs are tracks 3-6 (not falling, perversion of the truth, mercy severity and world so cold) I love everything about tracks 3-6, I don't like the recording/some of the lyrics and the singing. On The Move Is The Shit, it's a bonus track with horrible horrible recording (I think it's live/studio live), it's got a great beat (sounds like a part of mercy severity), and I love its intro. // 10

More Mudvayne reviews rating latest review
+ Mudvayne 8.1 01/05/2010