Dead Star In Your World Review

8.3
 9.3
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
Dead Star In Your World Reviewed by: loz4, on january 13, 2011

Sound: Written and released after Origin Of Symmetry, this EP continues in style. Tracks could be related more to the Showbiz album however. The tracks are well written and are packed with riffs, listen to Dead Star. Chris and Dom, Bass and Drums, are equally as tight as Matt's underwear judging by his singing, which is as high as ever. Chris' playing is very good and his bass lines sound great, listen to Futurism. Dom's playing is also very good and he uses catchy beats to get you headbanging, listen to In Your World. Finally the cover song on the EP, Can't Take My Eyes Off You. I can't take this song seriously, however it is surprisingly a good song. The mix of Muse and Frankie Valli is an odd but very good listen, as well as the catchy chorus we all know, even if you don't know who sung it, you will recognise it. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrically speaking in the three tracks Matt has written are as good as each other, though I would have to side with Dead Star as having the best lyrics. The lyrics match the music very well with little or no streching of words, and the songs flow nicely. Matt's singing is just as it was on the previous two albums, which is a good thing as ever. His catchy choruses will have you listening to them more. I've listened to In Your World on for the 5th time in a row whilst writing this. Overall the lyrics are very good, a bit shy of brilliant. // 8

Overall Impression: This EP compares well to the previous two albums at the time. You could easily take any of the tracks and put them in either of the previous albums without saying, "This doesn't belong here". I would say that Dead Star and In Your World are the tracks that immediatly draw you in. The songs, overall, are very well written and performed well. The most annoying thing for me on this EP is Can't take my eyes off you. For a start I can't take the song seriously as a Muse song, but mainly is how much I find myself going through the 4 tracks and playing it more than I thought I would. If my Itunes crashed I would buy it again, hey it's only 2.50 and it's a very good listen, but a little off their Origin of Symmetry form. // 8

More Muse reviews rating latest review
+ Live At Rome Olympic Stadium 7.9 12/09/2013