Life In General Review

9.7
 8.6
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Life In General Reviewed by: InfectedGunz, on january 28, 2010

Sound: Probly one of MxPx's best cd's, although I don't think they have had a bad one yet. There is a lot of fun times to be had on this cd, the beats are catchy and you'll find yourself singing them in your head before too long. I'm just gunna review my favorite song from this CD. 01. Middlename: I think this is a good song to start the album with. Right off the bat its fast and catchy, probly one of the better songs on Life in General. 10/10 02. My Mom Still Cleans My Room: the drums are the first thing that I notice when I listen to this song. Yuri definately knew what he was doing here. Although the rest of it like the lyrics, bass and guitar can get a little repetative but thats really not a big deal. 8/10 03. Do Your Feet Hurt: this is another one that blows me away. My impression is that Mike is singing about having a new girlfriend and all the stuff that he does for her, but don't quote me on that. The little interlude that starts about 1:52 is really good, its also the first time I heard them talk about god "I know that you believe in the one true god above" so apparently off handedly messioning god in a couple songs makes them a religious band. 10/10 04. Move To Bremerton: this one is about how Mike lives in Bremerton, Washington and wants some girl to "move to bremerton". I think the best part of this song is probly the chorus, but the instrumental aspect of this song is really good throughout the whole thing. 9/10 // 10

Lyrics: Like most bands of this genre most of MxPx's songs are about girls, dating, Break ups, or relationships in general. But they still managed to make it sound punky and cool. I think Mike Herrera is probly one of my favorite singers, because a lot of punk singers only sound good along side jacked up distortion and fast paced drum beats but really don't have a good singing voice, but I think mike could be good singing by himself. // 9

Overall Impression: This is one of my favorite Cd's, out of everything on my ipod this is one of the highest played cd's. I definately recommend it. One thing I would like to have seen change would have to be a little more diversity in the guitar parts. They all sound pretty similar just a few repeated power chords, but hey thats punk music, honestly I really don't care about it that much but being a guitarist I would like to see a little more of a challenge when learnign songs from this CD. // 10

More Mxpx reviews rating latest review
+ Punk Rawk Christmas 7.4 12/16/2009