The Outsiders Review

Genre: Southern Rock, Alternative Rock
Label: Atlantic
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Outsiders Reviewed by: breather13, on october 27, 2011

Sound: This is album has a unique sound. It has songs that have some southern sound, some alternative, and a little pop punkish stuff. Also it has a few songs that have a dance style. Some songs have fuse multiple of the styles together. Most of the songs are acoustic guitar with acoustic drums and electric bass so it has a neat blend of electric and acoustic instruments. The track the song is titled after is about Christians being on the outside of the world we live in. We are different from non-believers. My personal favorite song on the album is "Girl Named Tennessee". It is about dancing with a girl you don't really know and falling in love. It is a song that has a good beat and is piano lead. Another great song is "Something Beautiful". It is about the beauty of God's love. // 9

Lyrics: One song off the album is "The Outsiders". This is the song the album is titled after, it is about Christians being on the outside of the world we live in. We are different from non-believers. My personal favorite song on the album is "Girl Named Tennessee". It is about dancing with a girl you don't really know and falling in love. It is a song that has a good beat and is piano lead. Another great song is "Something Beautiful". It is about the beauty of God's love. Another great song is Let us Love. It is about getting people to love one another like children love each other even though we know there are problems in the world. The lead singer uses metaphors that portray great messages and uses the lyrics of the songs to tell stories and spread Christian messages. // 10

Overall Impression: This is by far the best album by NEEDTOBREATHE. I have suggested this album to all my music loving friends. Anyone looking for a new artist to listen to with a new, unique sound should try this album it is amazing. One of my favorite albums out right now. // 10

Comments