From The Screen To Your Stereo Review

new found glory: From The Screen To Your Stereo
Released: Mar 28, 2000
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk Revival, Punk-Pop, Emo
From the Screen is a gem of an EP that features a New Found Glory's trademark of emotional, high-energy pop-punk.
 Lyrics: 8.5
 8.2
 9.4
 6.9
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
From The Screen To Your Stereo Reviewed by: jfh_phoenix, on july 22, 2004

Sound: Ofcourse it's a bit old coz compared to the sounds today. But it still rocks. I still listen to it until now. Actually I'm listening to it right now. Nice guitar riffs. I got all the tabs available for this album. One thing nice in New Found Glory's songs are that the voice is always heard. Unlike other bands in which the lyrics are'nt heard coz of the noisy distorted guitars. // 10

Lyrics: First I hated Jordans voice. But when I reached track two I kind got over the voice and when I reached track three I loved Jordan's voice. I just sound whiny at first. The lyrics in this album are all revival. I mean cool revivals. Most of the songs of New Found Glory are about love. Just listen to all their lyrics coz their all meaningful. I just love the melodies Jordan comes up with. I usually play them at skul. Even my teachers loved it. It's one way of getting hyper. // 10

Overall Impression: You'll love this album specially when you already heard the original versions of the song. They were all great revivals. All the songs were originally an "Original Sound Track" of movies. This is an amazing CD specially to those idiots in the world who haven't heared a punk Rock revival. // 10

From The Screen To Your Stereo Reviewed by: Idiot_Son, on august 23, 2007

Sound: New Found Glory are familiar to most, so and in depth analysis is unnecessary. The quality is similar to that of their self-titled record, so it's not quite as polished as their most recent record. This EP features covers of movie themes, reworked and recorded in New Found Glory's trade mark style. // 9

Lyrics: These are not original songs, so the lyrics are those that were originally written for the original versions that appeared in the films. They were considered good enough to catch the attention of movie-goers, but are not quite the same as those you might find on any other NFG record (save for the soon to be released From the Screen to your Stereo part II). Jordan's vocals fit well into the songs, and you could be forgiven for thinking that these were original NFG songs, had you not heard the original. // 7

Overall Impression: This is quite possibly New Found Glory's best work. All 7 songs are fantastic, and instantly recognisable to fans of the movies. The featured songs are "That Thing You Do!", "Never Ending Story Theme Song", "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" from Armaggedon, "The Goonies 'r' Good Enough", "The Glory of Love" the theme from Karate Kid pt. II, "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You", and "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. If this record was lost or stolen, I would not hesitate to buy another copy. Truly worth every cent. // 10

More New Found Glory reviews rating latest review