New Found Glory Review

artist: new found glory date: 02/26/2004 category: compact discs
new found glory: New Found Glory
Released: Sep 26, 2000
Genre: Rock
Tones: Innocent, Silly, Quirky, Witty, Playful, Fun, Humorous, Reflective, Energetic
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Punk Revival, Punk-Pop
 9.4
 9.3
 9.4
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
New Found Glory Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 26, 2004

Sound: This is proper pop punk rock at it's best! A cooly blended mix of power chords over the sheer sizzling lightning riffs, this eponymous album has it all! Although I find the intro's to some of the songs a little repetitve and sound a bit the same, as soon as the song really starts, you forget all of that. I especially like the simple but effective bass riff on the start of 'sincerely me', cheers Ian! And of course the massively famous 'Hit or Miss', definitely their best effort and also one of my my classic faves. The brilliant chords of 'Second to last' are also fantastic. The sounds are just what I want from a punk rock band, lots of balanced treble/bass distortion chords and you've got a perfect punk sound, even if the sound isn't as finely polished as 'Sticks and Stones', but who cares? // 8

Lyrics: When I first heard one of their songs (which was actually the video of 'My friends over you' on Kerrang TV), I could've laughed at the sound of Jordan Pundik's voice. Then I listened some more and thought, hey that voice is actually not bad. A bit more and then, yeah, the voice is brilliant! I really got into the song, not just of the guitar but 'cause of the voice. The lyrics on their fourth, self titled album is all about relationships with girls, and how the singer feels when he breaks up. I find the lyrical content of this album brilliant, all the songs are focused on one thing, but Jordan somehow finds a way to sing about it in different views in every song, he seems to make the subject of failed relationships very broad indeed and apart from that the lyrics kick ass anyway! The mix of the melodic punk rock with the words is perfect, the lyrics are just made for the music and couldn't be sung any other way apart from the New Found Glory way. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is one of those albums that you can listen to again and again and it never gets old, even if all your albums have grown boring. You can always slap on a bit of nfg. The best songs on here have to be of course, 'Hit or Miss', 'Better off Dead', 'Sucker' and 'Vegas' I love every bit of the album, it's fantastic and definitely worth every penny what I paid for it. Apart from some of the intro's sounding vaguely alike, and the intro of 'Ballard for the lost Romantics' a bit annoying, I think it is one of their best. It would take me all of two seconds to decide whether to buy another if it were busted or lost. And one more thing, I think Chad's sideburns in the photos look kickass! // 10

More New Found Glory reviews rating latest review