Who I Am Review

artist: nick jonas and the administration date: 02/12/2010 category: compact discs
nick jonas and the administration: Who I Am
Released: Feb 2, 2010
Genre: Soft Rock, Blue-eyed Soul
Label: Hollywood Records
Nick and 4 other awesome muscicians came together to do this album, which shows serious potential for a permenent band to form.
 6.2
 5.3
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Who I Am Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 12, 2010

Sound: Nick and 4 other awesome muscicians came together to do this album, which I believe shows serious potential for a permenent band to form. The sound on the album varies from track to track, consisting of a mix of pop/rock ballads, hard rock songs, and even a little bit of funk. I really enjoyed how different Nick sounded from the Jonas Brothers, he has a lot of talent as an individual. // 7

Lyrics: Nick Jonas wrote or co-wrote all of the songs on the album, which is very impressive. He did the same when he was in the Jonas Brothers, and wrote hits like S.O.S by himself. Here's my opinions on the tracks: 01. Rose Garden: Rock/Pop ballad. Not my favorite on the album. Kind've weak, but okay. 6 02. Who I Am: Rock/Pop. Catchy tune, I like it. Standout track. 8 03. Olive & An Arrow: Rock/Pop ballad. Worse than Rose Garden. I hated it, to tell the truth. 5 04. Conspiracy Theory: Rock/Metal. Now this is more like it! Catchy, good guitar, decently written. 9 05. In The End: Rock/Pop Ballad. Another one!!! It's gettin annoying. 6 06. Last Time Around: Rock/Pop. I really like this one. This can be a hit. 9 07. Tonight: Rock/Pop ballad. Getting old with ballads. This one's different though. better. 7 08. State of Emergency: Rock/Pop. More upbeat. I Like this one. 8 09. Vesper's Goodbye: Rock/Pop ballad. One of those songs I just don't get at all. 6 10. Stronger (Back On The Ground): Rock/Pop. Decent way to end the album. Strong track. 8 // 7

Overall Impression: Overall, I don't think Nick Jonas is a bad writter, but some of the songs were just too complicated to be catchy. Another problem was the use of too many similar sounding ballads. The songs that were more upbeat were good though, and simple enough to get stuck in your head. 2 or 3 ballads on an album are enough, expecially when they are different from one another. This album did neither. The ballads tended to be boring. I still liked the album, though, but there needs to be some changes in the next album. Sincerely, Guitarslinger // 7

Comments