I Heard They Suck Live Review

nofx: I Heard They Suck Live
Released: 1995
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk, Punk-Pop, Alternative Pop/Rock, Punk Revival, Skatepunk
They don't suck, but NOFX's live album, while it's energetic, is only necessary for the group's devoted fans.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
I Heard They Suck Live Reviewed by: Corbs, on february 28, 2005

Sound: Some may say NOFX are raunchy, new age punk-rock followers, but over the past decades they have shown there qualities. Over all of Erik's and Hefe's fast melodic solo's, Mike's low end bass licks and humerous lyrics to Eric's groove drum beats and even their amazing live preformances they have come to be one of the cobblestone bands of punk rock. Some have quoted "NOFX is one of the only bands holding together the punk scene these days," and even "punk-rock kings of the decade." "I Heard They Suck Live" is a humerous live album where NOFX jokes around and talks with the crowd. They joke around, switch lyrics, change songs and point out mistakes. My personal opinion of this album is very high because of how much fun their having that you can just feel coming through the speakers or earphones of your CD player. // 10

Lyrics: I thought the lyrics were funny, creative, fun and ambitious. I wasn't morally impressed by the skill of singing Fat Mike showed that night, but as he said, it would have been better if he was drunk. Mike used words and tunes and just stuck them into songs throughout the CD randomly like Linoleum, Together On The Sand and The Brews to name a few. Surprisingly, they worked like a charm. // 6

Overall Impression: This album doesn't even compare to other NOFX albums. On other albums you can expect either the good old hard/musical nofx or the humerous nofx, on this album you can expect both. I really liked the duet sort of thing with Fat Mike and El Hefe on Together On The Sand and Life O'Riley. I just love how much fun I sense while listening to this CD, it makes me feel so good, I would have to say, other than a couple licks, I hate nothing on this CD. If I lost this CD it would be my life long journey to find a new one. // 10

More Nofx reviews rating latest review
+ Wolves In Wolves' Clothing 9.2 01/16/2013