The War On Errorism Review

artist: nofx date: 05/14/2009 category: compact discs
nofx: The War On Errorism
Released: May 6, 2003
Genre: Rock
Tones: Rebellious, Wry, Rowdy, Witty, Brash, Rousing, Boisterous, Freewheeling, Fiery, Humorous, Energetic
Styles: Punk Revival, Skatepunk
 Lyrics: 9.3
 9.2
 8.8
The War On Errorism Reviewed by: guitargal10, on december 06, 2005

Sound: Eric Melvin is a amazing guitar player, and you can actually hear bass on this album. I like how they have trumpets in some songs and not all of the songs sound the same. Franco Unamerican is more pop, The Seperation Of Church And Skate is more punk, and Anarchy Camp is more ska. It makes for a good mix and I think the tracks were arranged in sequence very well. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are far the best out of any of the bands I listen to. You actually learn some stuff listening to their music and they use words that sometimes you will have to have a dictionary nearby. And about 2 times on the whole record they are very immature. But that is NOFX. It has more of a politcal message happening then any of their other records and I think it's good because if you sing about the same thing all the time it just gets boring. I love Fat Mikes voice. I can't think of any other singer that would suite the music more. He doesnt try to show off by going really high or anything, he knows what he does well and keeps it real. // 9

Overall Impression: I would say that this is NOFX's best album. Fat Mikes songwriting has really stepped up, but they havent abanded their style at all. This is a band that is not afraid to try some new things without losing their style like some of these bands do with the "dark" trend that has been going around. After listening to this album you may feel as though some other bands you listen to arent that good for guitar and creativty wise, and it's sometimes good to listen to if you're mad. I would recommend this cd to any open-minded punk music fan. // 9

The War On Errorism Reviewed by: afirancidrule, on november 19, 2003

Sound: First of all, I gotta say that NOFX going political is one of the coolest things to ever happen and they prove it in these songs. the bass and lead guitars are so good and quick while the other guitar and the drums are just as good. I love punk music and this group being one of my favorites, it's one of the best albums out there. Right from the start with the separation of church and skate all the way to thye last song is nthing but good music. // 10

Lyrics: I also like the lyrics cause if you read and hear the lyrics thay actually have good meanings and intentions in the songs. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this is one of their best albums and I hope you think so to. if you like punk music or like to be a rebel to the government. I recommend this CD. // 10

The War On Errorism Reviewed by: efyouseekay_940, on january 16, 2004

Sound: The sound was great, I'm a long time NOFX fan so...meh, can't complain much. NOFX has always had a punk political edge to them, it is easy to point out in their good old cd's (no not putv). But they kinda went a tad too far, talking about stuff they won't very well do anything about, and somethings they sound pretty dumb because they contradict many things they have said before, and even some things they say on the cd contridict themselves. But the other songs on the cd are good. I liked franco-unamerican, Mattersville (the davey havock refrence made me laugh a couple of times still), Seperation of church and skate, and the acoustical ballad, whoops I Od'd. // 8

Lyrics: Again, I don't call most of their songs political, most of them are just crust crowdpleasers. Songs that are fun to listen to, and who does smiles and says to their self something like, "heh, bush really is stupid." But NOFX really I don't think has any real intentions for trying to make the world better outside of music. But I did enjoy franco-unamerican's catchy, and sometimes too true, honesty. And Whoops I OD'd is probaly one of Fat Mike's realest songs to date. Nice Job for the most part. // 8

Overall Impression: Welp, it's no punk in drublic, and it's not as regrettable as heavey petting zoo. But it's enough to put a smile on a fan's face. I am personally tired of NOFX's recent releases, but I think this one may stay in my car til it gets stolen, which then I will promptly replace it with maybe...The New Blink 182 Cd, Haha....but seriously kids it's worth burning not neccesarily buying (NOFX even thanks even the kids who burned the cd in the cd jacket thing). If you like the burned copy enough, sure go for it. And while your at it buy their new shirts, stickers, bobble heads etc. whatever you punk rockers do. High points: franco-unamerican whoops i od'd mattersville seperate church and skate and you can turn it off at your disposal Low points: the crusty type style fat mike is actually getting fat // 6

The War On Errorism Reviewed by: weevilx214, on may 11, 2004

Sound: In this c-d there are punk stuff(The Seperation of church and skate), ska stuff (anarchy camp), more melodic stuff (franco-unamerican)and nofx style. The quality is also quite good. The cd has one theme: political ideas. This is my favorite NoFx album, of course, I only have this one and Punk In Drublic. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this cd are very good. They make you sing along especially on the songs: Franco-Unamerican, Medio-core, Anarchy Camp, Idiots are Taking Over. The singer is also very good. // 10

Overall Impression: The best songs are: 'the Seperation Of Church And Skate' and 'Franco Unamerican', but really, all the songs are very good. i would probably re-purchase this cd eventually if i lost it... definetley worth buying. Good pic of bush too... // 8

The War On Errorism Reviewed by: Jaw Knee, on january 23, 2006

Sound: The sound and music are great on this CD. The CD was basically a call to everyone about the destruction our idiot president is causing. This album has a lot of different genres. But it still keeps the traditional punk that the band sticks to. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are very good. From stories of "Anarchy Camp" which involves someone rounding up a bunch of people to go to a fantasy camp where they have "under water basket weaving" and other humorous activites. Or "Whoops I OD'd" which is a more depressing song about the main character having a drug over dose and his short life span after he had done so. The lyrics are usually in the right place where the music is. But what shook me were Fat Mike's vocal skills which are absolutely fabulous. He is the king of punk music afterall. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is just insane to listen to. The lyrics, the guitar riffs and the stories behind the songs, etc. The songs on this album that impressed me the most were "Franco Un-American," "She's Nubs," "Medio-Core," "Anarchy Camp," "We Got Two Jealous Agains" and "Regaining Un-Conscious." I love absolutely everything about this album. All of the other songs are great too. I don't hate anything about it. I just wish they had put more than 14 songs on this one. If anyone had stolen this I'd probably hurt them. But I'd also buy it again along with another Nofx album. If you're a die hard Nofx fan ro just a punk rock fanatic, pick this up! // 10

The War On Errorism Reviewed by: Plugs44, on may 14, 2009

Sound: Awesome friggin' sound. You can really hear everyone, even Fatty's bass playing! And it turns out he's pretty good too! The songs all sound and play great. And especially in the beginning moments of American Errorist, very technical drumming and guitar work. Absolutely splendid! Oh and I love the lack of mids and bass for 13 Stitches. It really gives it that distant memory feel that fits the song perfectly. Brilliant work there, and overall. // 10

Lyrics: I love the lyrics for the album. My favorite is probably Medio-Core, and how it's about bands being lame and predictable and all sounding the same. It's such a true message, and more bands need to do something more original. Another great one is Separation of Church and Skate, which is about how the newest wave of punk bands are really poppy, even they they all grew up listening to hardcore bands but don't seem to emulate that at all and just want to appeal to the masses. Also, all the awesome song titles' puns (Medio-Core, American Errorist, Separation of Church and Skate, etc.). Really awesome. Low point is She's Nubs, nothing wrong with funny, but it seems out of place here. // 9

Overall Impression: This is such a good album with really good messages and songs. I like it a lot more than 2 Heebs and a Bean, or even Punk In Drublic. 99.9% sure this is my favorite NOFX album. Best songs are Separation of Church and Skate, Franco Un-American, Decom-poseur, Mattersville, Medio-Core, We Got Two Jealous Agains, and 13 Stitches. If it were stolen or lost (which it was), I'd definitely download it again. I'd actually buy it, along with the rest of their albums 'cuz I just realized how much I really do love NOFX. // 10

More Nofx reviews rating latest review
+ Wolves In Wolves' Clothing 9.2 01/16/2013