Lunar Poetry Review

nokturnal mortum: Lunar Poetry
Release Date: 2001
Label: The End
Genres: Death Metal/Black Metal, Progressive Metal
Like a storm gathering in the sky, Lunar Poetry continues on building and building thoughts and peace in your mind. From the inspiring folk-melodies of Ancient Nation to the war-march of The Grief Of Oriana, prepare to experience perfection.
 8.7
 8.3
review (1) 12 comments vote for this album:
Lunar Poetry Reviewed by: macho man, on october 19, 2007

Sound: This is Nokturnal Mortum's second album. It is very melodic and they used keyboards, choir sounds etc to put a lot of emphasis on that aspect of their music. When using other instruments some bands have trouble striking a balance so that the main instruments are not overpowered, but I think that Nokturnal Mortum found a good compromise on this album. The sound quality isn't perfect but as with most black metal music that is mostly beneficial to the atmosphere. Lunar Poetry has a cold feeling to it, it stirs up a lot of imagery of snow, pine trees and wolves when I listen to it, which is very enjoyable as it suits the music so well. It is also notable that the folk influence found on their other albums is not very strong on Lunar Poetry. In fact that is one of the reasons that I prefer this album to their others. // 9

Lyrics: I can't understand any of the lyrics and have not been able to find them online. The singing however is good, it is very harsh and contrasts well with the melodic keyboards. The vocals change throughout the album so they don't become tiring over the course of the album. However for someone who is very much into lyrics in music it might feel like something is missing. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this album. Highlight songs for me are: Lunar Poetry, ...And Winter Becomes, and Perun's Celestial Silver. For someone who is not familiar with Nokturnal Mortum, this is the album I would recommend to start on. If it were stolen I would buy it again. // 10

Comments