Mirror To Madness Review

Styles: Scandinavian Metal
 8.9
 9.7
Mirror To Madness Reviewed by: RingmasterTJ, on february 05, 2004

Sound: Simply put, amazing sound, Take the epic rock of Rhapsody, and combine it with screaming unrelenting vocals, & then you get Norther's latest cd. An absolute masterpiece. Also, the guitar solos are absolutely insane. // 10

Lyrics: This is where the album has it's one and only downfall. The lyrics are good for a heavy metal band, but that's all they are good. I don't want to give the wrong impression here, if you enjoyed the lyrics from other Norther albums you'll love these. I'm a little harder tp please, however, I was looking for something new & unique with this album, I didn't get it. // 6

Overall Impression: The sound is this albums strongest pint, it is absolutely amazing, almost flawless. The lyrics, while matching with the music aren't what I'd hope them to be, but definetly worth buying if your a Norther fan, or wanting to check out some new metal. // 8

Mirror To Madness Reviewed by: MoRTiFeRouS, on july 21, 2004

Sound: Once again Norther hits us with some amazing guitar/keyboard works. Each song has the Norther feel to it, and similar sounds. To some, this could hurt the record but regardless, they are all good songs from top to bottom. // 8

Lyrics: It's the same old lyrics you'd expect from Norther. A lot of hatred is felt through the lyrics in this album. Such examples are, "you're asleep and I love you, but more than thousand times I cut you" and "blood will fall when I unleash hell". Nothing impressive in the lyrical content of the album but that doesn't matter to me much, the music is what counts. Petri Lindroos' vocals are still some of the best in the genre I have ever heard. His scream is very clear, making the lyrics very understandable without having to refer to the booklet for the lyrics. // 8

Overall Impression: In comparison with Dreams Of Endless War, I feel that it didn't quite live up to it, but that was a hell of an album to follow up. Hell of an album regardless, but not up to par. My favorite songs on the album are Midnight Walker and Frozen Sky, the instrumental. A very well constructed song. If there are any complaints I have about this album, its the relative similar sounds in a few of the songs. Other than that, its Norther's guitar duo of Kride and Petri ripping guitar solos alongside Toumas Planman's keyboard solos. I highly suggest picking this album up if you have Dreams of Endless War and Death Unlimited already. Otherwise, I suggest getting those two first. // 8

More Norther reviews rating latest review
+ Death Unlimited 9.1 02/09/2008