Till Death Unites Us Review

norther: Till Death Unites Us
Release Date: Mar 27, 2006
Label: Universal International
Genres: Scandinavian Metal
With this album, this Hellsinki hellcrew will do some serious damage all the way from Hellsinki to Tokyo!
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
Till Death Unites Us Reviewed by: _3Lm0_, on november 09, 2006

Sound: Norther has a fairly unique sound, but at the same time you would have heard similar elements in other melodic/black/death/heavy metal bands. Norther's sound is energetic, dark, deep and epic. Petri Lindroos's vocals demand your attention with clear/crisp screams and growls. Kristian Ranta (Kride), pumps out aggressive guitar riffs and solos to keep the technical listener and headbanger happy. Toumas Planman largely helps Norther create it's epic sound with the addition of keyboard strings and solos. Till Death Unites Us is slightly different from previous albums because of a new theme for the band and a the introduction of Kristian Ranta's clean vocals. // 10

Lyrics: Norther writes lyrics that obviously mean something to them but also are very relevant to the experiences of everyday people. Till Death Unites Us (or TDUU) deals largely with loneliness or more accurately the fear of loosing the ones closest to you. TDUU also deals with anger and apathy. Norther's lyrics are open to interpretation but can be realistically taken for their face value, this is more so apparent on TDUU than some of their other albums such as Death Unlimited. As mentioned above, TDUU is slightly different to previous albums because of the largely untouched theme of loneliness and because of the introduction of Kride's clean vocals which allowed their new theme to be accessed. Krides clean vocals (which are often harmonised) were first used recently on Norther's EP "Solution7." // 10

Overall Impression: I think that TDUU has one fault: there is too much bitching about feelings and not enough um, kicking ass! As per usual with their other albums. Having said that, in my opinion Norther have never released a plain crap song. I'm not sure which is my favorite song, but Everything, Omen, Scream and F--k You are pretty good, but it is hard to decide because they are all good. I intend to actually buy it for myself ASAP. I give it 8 because there a little too much bitching and not enough kicking ass. // 8

More Norther reviews rating latest review
+ Death Unlimited 9.1 02/09/2008