Time Flies... 19942009 Review

Genre: Alternative Rock, Britpop
Label: Big Brother
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Time Flies... 19942009 Reviewed by: nia skywalker, on april 18, 2011

Sound: After the break-up of Oasis in 2009, "Time Flies" was the perfect way to commemorate the success of Oasis with all of their typical Oasis-stlye legends and their hits, including "Don't Look Back In Anger", "Let There Be Love", "Wonderwall" and many more of their anthems. The album, made up of two over-flowing CDs, full of an Oasis fan's desires, easily reminds the listener of why Oasis made it and why they were so great. The mixture of songs ranges from their very early songs to their most up-to-date hits. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics, as usual with Oasis, tell some peculiar but interesting stories which are brilliantly conveyed by the music, with its varying tempos and stlyes to accompany the story. Lyrics are also generally quite easily to follow with their clear pronounciation and clarity. Oasis never fail to impress with their singing skills either, adapting to their lyrics and their instruments. Also accomodating each style, such as their pieces which include a hint of swing. // 10

Overall Impression: This album clearly conveys what Oasis were and clearly displays why they were so successful and interesting. This album is a definite must have for any Oasis fan and I also suggest it to anyone who enjoys the sort of classical rock which Oasis provided. My favourite song on the album would have to be "Don't Look Back In Anger". In my opinion, there are no downfalls to this album and if I would always assure that it were in my possession. I would also reccommend it to all Oasis lovers and lovers of rock especially. "Time Flies..." a true must-have. // 10

More Oasis reviews rating latest review
+ Definitely Maybe 9.5 02/07/2011