Curve Review

8.5
 7.9
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Curve Reviewed by: ZR_MUSIQUE_, on may 30, 2012

Sound: Our Lady Peace has redeemed themselves from "Healthy In Paranoid Times" with their great new album, "Curve". Not that "HIPT" was a bad album, just not what most listeners wanted to hear. What really makes OLP interesting is that they try new sounds and styles with every album. Maida says that this album is what the band has been trying to sound like for years. The chords are beautiful, the progressions are superb, and every minute detail within each song fits so perfectly together. You can feel the emotion coming through the music, and you can really tell the guys are in love with the music they write. That's what makes the album great; they put everything they've got into it and really make the songs come to life. It's something you don't find much in bands in the modern era. To sum it up, Our Lady Peace really went all out with everything in "Curve". // 9

Lyrics: Raine Maida still hasn't lost his touch with writing. The lyrics are still original, and you actually have to see beyond to understand what he truly means. You can hear him really putting his heart into it just from the way his voice sounds. And that's what makes the music great; kicka-s REAL lyrics with the singer making you believe him. His voice is still extraordinarily impressive, in terms of range and body. His falsettos might not be as great as the '90s, but give the man a break. He's getting old! // 8

Overall Impression: Our Lady Peace truly has their own sound. You never really listen to them and think of another band in your head. "As Fast As You Can", "Heavyweight", "Rabbits", and "Allowance" are probably the most interesting songs on the album, and you can tell when you get the shivers down your spine listening to them. Sure, "Clumsy" overrules "Curve" any day, but "Curve" is probably my second or third favourite album. The boys really pulled through, leaving nothing to be missed or forgotten about. // 10

More Our Lady Peace reviews rating latest review