Welcome To Virginia: The Ready Series Review

over it: Welcome To Virginia: The Ready Series
Release Date: Jul 25, 2006
Label: Negative Progression
Genres: Punk-Pop, Emo
This 12-song set is pretty much the standard issue emo-leaning pop-punk that bands like Rufio and early Saves the Day specialize in.
 4.2
 4.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Welcome To Virginia: The Ready Series Reviewed by: takenthecannoli, on may 08, 2008

Sound: I've listened to this album about a million times. Or have I just been listening to one track a million times? I really must say that this is the first negative review that I've given. I honestly just do not like Welcome to Virginia (2001) at all. It's sound is fairly repetetive, the drum patterns are all the same, it's good that Over It has moved on in the past 7 years. If you like really poor punk albums, this is for you. // 4

Lyrics: The lyrics are actually a bit lame, not as good as any of the other albums. They might surpass Outer Banks (2006), though if so, not by far. The lyrics do comply with the lyrics, quite nicely, though there's nothing special at all. Yes, there are some unique tracks, as on every album ever created, but not many. Peter Munter's voice is fairly poor, and every time he ends a verse he drops his voice like those lame female pop idols do, as if he's orgasming or something. // 5

Overall Impression: Compared to other albums, this one just plain sucks. I'm sorry to say that, as I am a loyal Over It fan, but I really, really don't like this album. And maybe it's just me? but it all blends in, and not pleasantly. It all sounds the same. The best tracks are probably tracks 2, 4, and 7. Actually, all of the songs are about the same when it comes to impression: poor. I like the radio-friendly, happy rainbow sound. I don't like that happy-rainbows all look the same in this album. If it were stolen/lost/eaten by Gerard Way, etc, I would not bother buying it again. // 4

More Over It reviews rating latest review