The Years Of Decay Review

overkill: The Years Of Decay
Released: Oct 13, 1989
Genre: Thrash Metal
Label: Atlantic Records
I think this is one of Overkill's best albums. The music is thrash metal but Overkill seem to add a bit of their own twist on it which is really awesome.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
The Years Of Decay Reviewed by: Megadethfan245, on july 25, 2011

Sound: Well first of all Overkill are a thrash metal band from New Jersey. They've gone through a lot of line up changes over the years but the members that make the band have always stayed. They would be Bobby Blitz (lead vocals) and D.D. Verni (bass). Now Blitz has a really strange voice. But I'll get into that later. The music as I said earlier is thrash metal but Overkill seem to add a bit of their own twist on it which is really awesome. Overkill remind me of Exodus for vocal reasons and music even. // 9

Lyrics: I know that a lot of people hate on it but I love his voice (if you've read some of my other reviews you'll notice I love really different vocals). Even my best friend who is a complete metal doesn't like the vocals to Overkill. I wish more people liked the vocals though because the music is just amazing. Bobby Blitz is truly an amazing singer and one of my favorites, I wish more people would realize how good he is. The lyrics seem to the typical thrash I mean with songs like "I Hate" and "Elimination" than pretty simple to tell that. // 9

Overall Impression: I think this is one of Overkill's best albums. Their best three are probably "The Years Of Decay", "Ironbound" and "Horrorscope". My favorite song on the album is probably "E.vil N.ever D.ies" because of it's crazy heavy sections than right to a clean and back to a heavy. It's a really interesting and hectic song, to me at least. I can't say I don't like anything about this album. The song "Playing With Spiders/Skullkrusher" took a bit to grow on me but now I completely love it. So really everybody out there, GIVE OVERKILL A CHANCE, THEY'RE GODLY! If someone stole this album from me, well than let's just say you'd see me on the news for murder... // 10

More Overkill reviews rating latest review
+ The Electric Age 9 04/04/2012