No More Tears Review

ozzy osbourne: No More Tears
Released: Sep 17, 1991
Genre: Rock
Styles: British Metal, Album Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Neo-Classical Metal
This album returned Ozzy to the Top Ten and multi-platinum status.
 9.3
 9.2
 9.4
No More Tears Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 20, 2012

Sound: Ozzy's 1991 release "No More Tears" was the second album featuring guitarist Zakk Wylde. Comparing to his first album with Ozzy 1988's "No Rest For The Wicked" this album is a lot heavier. "No More Tears" was supposed to Ozzy's last studio record and was calling it quits after the tour and release "Live And Loud" (We all know that didn't last long). "No More Tears" contained some of Ozzy's best songs as a solo artist and four songs co-written by Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister. Some of the heaviest songs on this album are "Mr. Tinkertrain", "Desire", and "Hellrasier" Wylde plays with a sick tone on these as bassist Bob Daisley and late drummer Randy Castillo (R.I.P 1950-2002) fill in the rhythm parts very well and heavy. The Zakk Wylde style playing that we heard in later Ozzy albums and eventually in his current band Black Label Society started to show up, but not as much as on his later work. The album featured two ballads "Mama I'm Coming Home" (Co-wrote by Kilmister), and "Road To Nowhere". These songs with the music really help put the feel on the song and helped bring out the feeling of the lyrics and Ozzy's singing. // 10

Lyrics: This is an Ozzy album so the lyrics and vocals are the same as the rest amazing. In my honest opinion whether with Sabbath or on his own this man cannot create a bad song. Just as usual his vocals flow over the music making the perfect connection. The lyrics on this album deal with your normal subject minus three songs. The 1st song out those three is "Mr. Tinkertrain". We all know Ozzy thinks up and does all of crazy thing but this one takes the crown as he sings about a pedophile trying to lure in kids. Now I don't how big of an Ozzy fan you are if you've either experience something of this nature or get bother easier by it I don't recommend you listen to this song. The 2nd of the three is "Mama I'm Coming Home". Yes, Ozzy has done a couple ballads before this album but one is a little different since it deals more with the family side of him that we didn't really see at this point in his career. The 3rd and final one is "Road To Nowhere". Now the reason why I'm saying this one is because just something about it seems, to myself at least, that it should've been on the "Bark At The Moon" album since sounds like the trapped place he felt like he was in after the passing of guitarist Randy Rhoads in 1982. // 10

Overall Impression: To me, this album is one of his and is up there with "Blizzard Of Ozz", "Diary Of A Madman", "Bark At The Moon" and the Sabbath albums "Black Sabbath" and "Paranoid". The free of this album with the power and energy Ozzy and the band had was incredible and I'm happy they got on record. I can't say what I love and hate about this album because there is so many things I love about it and nothing I hate about it. I will own this album till I die and will probably end up buying another 5 or 6 times because of wearing the CD out. // 10

No More Tears Reviewed by: faqu, on february 10, 2005

Sound: This is a great production of the sound, the guitar is loud and clear, and the solos are one of the album's strong sides. This is Ozzy's 2nd album with Zakk Wylde, and Zakk is not trying too hard on this one, like he did on no rest for the wicked, yet his guitar playing is still amazing. Ozzy wrote some of best lyrics on this album. The album has kinda pop mixed with metal style with is really really catchy. Songs like SIN and Desire and a great example of Zakk amazing guitar skills and ozzy's incredible voice. // 10

Lyrics: Like I said before this is Ozzy at his best when it comes to writing lyrics. His voice is the same good old Ozzy voice we are all used to. Nothing new or anything speciel with Ozzy's voice. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great album, if you want to get into Zakk or Ozzy, this is a great album to show their great skills. It sounds like a bit more mature from no rest for the wicked, some very nice tunes from this album. Songs that are really good are Road To Nowhere, Mama I'm Coming Home, SIN, the only song I didn't liked was No More Tears, for some reason I find the song to be very boring (I really like the solo though). The thing I really liked about the album, is the perfect mix of pop and metal. The only thing I hater about the album is the song No More Tears. If it were stolen I would buy it again, this is a great Ozzy's album. // 10

No More Tears Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 22, 2005

Sound: The production quality of this album is excellent. Zakk Wylde, though nowhere near my favorite guitarist, is at his technical best here. Ozzy's vocals are still good is this album but, you can hear the difference from his earlier albums. // 8

Lyrics: Typical Ozzy though he has expanded from his earlier releases. No More Tears is about a serial killer and the general feel of his singing (if you can call it that) is much more energetic than any album he'd done since Bark At The Moon. // 7

Overall Impression: A great album but, not without its kinks. Its still and Ozzy album and he follows a distinct pattern in all his albums. One song about how friggin crazy he is (Hellraiser/Suicide Solution), another that will piss parents off (SIN/Mr. Crowley), a ballad for the main stream (Mama, I'm Coming Home/Goodbye To Romance), a technical piece (Desire/Dee), the rest is essentially filler (you can really tell). Overall it's solid but, not quite perfect. // 8

More Ozzy Osbourne reviews rating latest review