Tribute Review

ozzy osbourne: Tribute
Released: 1987
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Album Rock
Osbourne leads his best band lineup through the entire Blizzard repertoire.
 Lyrics: 9.3
 9.6
 9.7
 9.4
Tribute Reviewed by: Page/Rhoads, on november 26, 2007

Sound: This album was made in 1987 to honor the late great Randy Rhoads. It contains the only live recordings of Randy. The recordings came from the Diary of a Madman Tour, which is the tour that Randy passed away on. It is a very hard rock record, but it also contains a bit of classical, seeing as it is Randy. Everyone sounded great, including Ozzy. // 8

Lyrics: I have listend to every song on this album multiple times, but honestly, I couldn't tell you all the words to any of the songs. Not because of Ozzy, but because I only listen to Randy. But the lyrics are good and very rock and roll style. Ozzy sounds stronger than ever and shows everyone the talent he possess. But some of it is a little hard to understand. Ozz must have had a drink or 12 before the shows. // 7

Overall Impression: If you are looking for a good guitar album, don't even hesitate to buy this. This is one of the greatest live albums ever and is a fitting tribute to Randy. The best songs would be Mr. Crowley, Suicide Solution (which contains a great guitar solo), and Crazy Train. The album also includes outtakes from Randy's recording of Dee. I have listened to this more times than I can count, and I'm still amazed everytime I listen to it. The guitar just takes you away. It this were stolen, I'd buy two copies of it, just incase it was stolen again! // 10

Tribute Reviewed by: PsychoWolfD, on may 26, 2004

Sound: This is a Tribute by Ozzy Osbourne to his dead (and friggin' awesome)guitarist, Randy Rhoads. It is a live album featuring Rhoads in concert, and they play all tracks from the debut Blizzard of Ozz and a couple of tracks from 2nd album Diary of a Madman. The final track is a studio out-take for "Dee", an instrumental by Randy Rhoads, and I prefer that one better than the actual "Dee" featured on Blizzard. For the live tracks, they are of awesome detail. There is a drum solo after "Steal Away (The Night)", and the best guitar solo in the world by Rhoads after "Suicide Solution". Ozzy sung as great as anytime. The also had 3 Sabbath songs, "Iron Man", "Children of the Grave", and "Paranoid". // 10

Lyrics: Ozzy is one of the kings of Metal singers. The songs' lyrics all have a sort of meaning. A little different than Sabbath, but still inspiring. // 10

Overall Impression: There maybe more live albums of better quality than this one, but Tribute is unique. If it got stolen, steal it back or buy it again! The tracks I really compliment the most is "Mr. Crowley", "Revelation (Mother Earth)", "Suicide Solution", "Children of the Grave", "Goodbye to Romance", and the bonus track "Dee (Randy Rhoads studio out-takes)", which I get hooked onto the first time I hear it. You won't regret this! Buy It Now! // 10

Tribute Reviewed by: ChrisL2003, on july 08, 2004

Sound: I was very impressed with how the live versions of the songs sound. It sounds very good, and Randy's improvising really brings the album together. I especially liked the remakes of the old Black Sabbath songs: Iron Man, Children Of The Grave, and Paranoid. I also found the last track, "Dee (Randy Rhoads Studio Out-Takes)" to so be very interesting. // 10

Lyrics: Well, what can you say? It's Ozzy. The lyrics are great, and always fit the songs well. Ozzy's voice sounds great on "harder" tracks like "Flying High Again." However, it sounds equally as good on "slower" tracks like "Goodbye To Romance." // 10

Overall Impression: This album is a great tribute to Randy Rhoads. It really captures and demonstrates his skills as a guitarist, and is just a superb example of what he did. If you are a fan of Ozzy, I highly suggest picking up this CD. If I lost the CD, I would buy another copy in an instant. // 10

Tribute Reviewed by: Scourge441, on june 11, 2005

Sound: Ozzy on his first two albums had a very special sound that could not be recreated after Randy Rhoads died. This carries over into this album. Everything works together perfectly, Randy's tone on his guitar, Rudy Sarzo's bass, Tommy Aldridge's drums and Ozzy's vocals. Randy does plenty of improvization (and a nasty guitar solo in Suicide Solution), and the drum solo in "Steal Away The Night" rules. Unlike most performers, Ozzy sounds a lot better live than he does in the studio (and he sounds fantastic in the studio). // 10

Lyrics: Ozzy's lyrics seem simple, but they all have deeper meaning. Ozzy is easily the most famous metal singer, ever. His singing voice is easily recognizable, and the lyrics fit well with his style of music. Of course, why am I ranting about lyrics? This album is about Randy, not Ozzy. // 10

Overall Impression: This is overall one of, if not the, best album I own, seriously. It shows us just how great of a guitarist Randy was. The best songs are "Mr. Crowley" (which we get to hear in its entirety without the fade-out at the end), "Children Of The Grave," "Paranoid," "Suicide Solution," and the "Dee" outtakes. I don't have to worry about this being stole, since I've already bought many backup copies. There isn't much to hate about this album, unless you don't like live recordings. The studio albums are great, but if you want to hear Ozzy and Randy at their best, get this album. It will be one of the best decisions you ever make. // 10

Tribute Reviewed by: danilo19, on september 29, 2005

Sound: The music is amazing. The whole band plays well together and Randy definitely owns. I listen to this CD almost every day and never get tired of it. The style is a '80s metal and Randy Rhoads is very innovative on here, hes a god. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are good too bad Ozzy didn't write them. The music works well with the words. Well, Ozzy isn't the best signer but hes not bad. I really like his voice though. // 9

Overall Impression: I think the best album, Randy definitely shines on this album and that what the CD is all about, a tribute to Mr. Randy Rhoads. I absolutely love the guitar, it doesn't get any better in my opinion. I dont really hate anything about this album. I also like the fact that it's live. It gives it a great feel cause you get to hear how excited the crowd was. I would buy it again if it was lost or stolen. I've already bought it twice cause it skipped the first time. // 10

Tribute Reviewed by: a real DEAD one, on february 13, 2006

Sound: Ozzy Osbourne has played with several guitarists, but by far Randy Rhoads was his greatest. Ozzys music with Randy is brought to a whole new level of metal, Rhoads goes Baroque to create a new type of heavy metal. The CD was created five years after the tragic death of Randy Rhoads, It shows how unique Rhoads really is and inspires other guitarist to play like him. // 10

Lyrics: Ozzy and his crew can write songs good, thats for sure. some songs on this album were from Ozzys Black Sabbath years but they have a Rhoads tiwst to them. The lyrics can vary from Solution to Revalation (Mother Eart). All of ozzys great hits with Rhoads are taken up to another level. Ozzy is a unique singer also, its hard to explain his singing style but its really good. // 9

Overall Impression: The album shreds all over ozzys other CDs. It shows how good Rhoads really is, In suicide solution there is a solo that Rhoads plays and its just amazing. Its hard to compare Rhoads to other artist, his style is completely different, but he is one of the top 5 guitarist ever. The most impressive songs on this album (all done live) are Suicide Solution (with guitar solo), Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley, I Don't Know, Crazy Train, Flying High Agian, and Dee. all of them are really good, but those are the ones that stand out. The only thing I hated about this album was that I wish they didnt have to make it, I wish Rhoads was still alive. This CD was stolen from me and, yes, I did buy it again. This CD is just amazing. // 10

Tribute Reviewed by: creeping_death1, on september 11, 2006

Sound: This album was the only live studio album that Randy Rhaods made with Ozzy, and if you haven't listened to it yet, you have not head what a real guitarist sounds like. Randy was only 24 when he died, and even with his young age, he is one of the greatest guitarist that ever lived. He was able to combine classical guitar with heavy metal soloing, evidence to this fact would be Revelations, and even parts on Mr. Crowley, which is the greatest song I have ever heard, the live version captures all of the energy that you can only get seeing Randy and Ozzy onstage together. // 10

Lyrics: The songs on this album are off of Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of a Madman, both albums show the Ozzman in his prime, vocally and creatively. Along with Bob Daisley and Randy Rhoads, the lyrics are well thought out. Songs like Mr. Crowley changed my life forever since the first time I listened to it. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is the greatest live album I have yet to hear, which is saying alot. I recently picked up a guitar and it has made me appreciate how great Randy was, and how amazing he could have been had he lived longer. The solo from Mr Crowley will forever be burned into my soul, and Randy Rhaods will forever be my favorite guitarist, ahead of Kirk Hammett, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, and Hendrix. They are all amazing guitarists but Randy was the first one that blew my brains away. If this album were stolen I would kill whoever had it, but first I would congradulate them on they're impecible taste in music. // 10

More Ozzy Osbourne reviews rating latest review