Under Cover Review

artist: ozzy osbourne date: 03/15/2006 category: compact discs
ozzy osbourne: Under Cover
Release Date: Nov 1, 2005
Label: Sony
Genres: Album Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, British Metal, Neo-Classical Metal, Pop-Metal
Essentially an amped-up karaoke night in the Osbournes' basement lair, Under Cover is impeccably engineered and effortlessly played.
 7.7
 8.7
 6.6
Under Cover Reviewed by: talirak, on march 10, 2006

Sound: This compact disc is absolutely great! Ozzy Osbourne came back in studio to record some covers as Mississippi Queen or Good Times and it sounds really good, even better then the original songs. They play it more hard way but still very smooth and easy too listen to, it's perfect. I wouldn't have taught that Ozzy Osbourne could play this style of music. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are really good but it isn't Ozzy Osbourne lyrics. But he still gets the very best of each song. This style of music more than any other shows his singing talent! It's absolutely great. // 9

Overall Impression: This album is great and yes it compares to the other CDs, but in a different style! Every songs are good but my favorite is probably In My Life, lyrics are good and music is great. And if I lose this album I would go buy it in the 20 min after, I notice it isn't there anymore! And I would probably also buy all the other CDs of Ozzy I don't have yet! // 9

Under Cover Reviewed by: black_sabbath, on march 15, 2006

Sound: I bought this CD, just because I love Sabbath and Ozzy. I was looking forward to hearing Ozzy cover such classics as "Mississippi Queen" and "Sunshine Of Your Love." And to be quite honest he did well, but not as well as I expected it to be. Jerry Cantrell (alice in chains) played on the guitar, did decently, I love Zakk and I guess that is why I did not love this album as much as maybe Ozzmosis. The sound decent, nothing to marvel about, but I was suprised to find that this has more of a lighter sound. // 8

Lyrics: This was an all cover album, with classics from Mississipi Queen to Go Now. There is not much to talk about as far as lyrics are concerned they are all decent. But the best part of this album just like almost all Ozzy albums, is his mezmerizing voice. The wizard covered all the songs in his own signature style, which was great. // 9

Overall Impression: It is a dual disc, with a CD on one hand and a DVD on the other. However much one loves Ozzy, you will have to admit, this wasn't his best. But I got more than I expected, after all it is a tribute sort of thing. Go ahead and buy it if you are not a headbanger. That is how I shall put it to you. // 8

More Ozzy Osbourne reviews rating latest review