Piss [Single] Review

pantera: Piss [Single]
Released: Apr 12, 2012
Genre: Groove Metal, Heavy Metal
Label: Rhino
The final single from the great Pantera has finally been released. If you enjoyed the sound and power of "Vulgar" then you will love this single.
 8.1
 7.7
 8.5
review (1) 21 comments vote for this album:
Piss [Single] Reviewed by: Megadethfan245, on april 13, 2012

Sound: The final single from the great Pantera has finally been released. If you enjoyed the sound and power of "Vulgar" then you will love this single (especially since it was made for this album). It's been about 20 years since "Vulgar" was made so for the 20th anniversary they decided to release this track. They've stated that it is the only unreleased Pantera track, unfortunately. I'd call this song a good heavy metal/groove metal song. Obviously being the legendary Pantera they added their own feel to it. There's not a lot to say about this since it is after all only one song. But I can promise everyone who enjoys Pantera that this song is filled with the original Pantera aggression and power. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics on this song aren't phenomenal to be honest. To me the lyrics seem to talk about a spoiled rich person who thinks the whole world owes him something, and the person speaking in the song (let's just go with Phil) wants to basically kill him. I'll probably get some hate for this but I can only give the lyrics a seven due to the fact that the lyrics aren't really creative, sorry to say. But on this song Phil's voice does sound rather good. His voice helps bring out the lyrics quite a bit, it's the classic Phil voice (again because it was meant for "Vulgar"). // 7

Overall Impression: I'll only give this song an eight overall because the lyrics aren't overly creative, and the music doesn't stand out to an extreme amount. At the end of the day it's still an unused song. But saying that, the song is still amazing. I think if you want a brand new Pantera song that's killer, you might be a little disappointed. If you go into knowing it was an unreleased song you'll be impressed. I personally believe they should've used this track on the main album because it does have the overall feel of the album and isn't a bad track. If you haven't heard this track yet, go check it out! // 8

More Pantera reviews rating latest review
+ The Great Southern Trendkill 9.3 03/02/2010