These Streets Review

paolo nutini: These Streets
Release Date: Sep 5, 2006
Label: Atlantic
Genres: Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
These Streets won't blow anyone away with its creativeness or ingenuity, but it's done well and it's direct and open and enjoyable to listen to, which is more than enough.
 9.8
 9.7
 9.8
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
These Streets Reviewed by: Rocker Extreme, on april 14, 2008

Sound: The sound is great, I like how it's a mix of a lot of different genres, almost to where I can't decide what genre it actually is. I would say it's a suprisingly good mix of soul, a touch of funk, and a rock and roll spark to it. The tracks that the sound stand out on are "Jenny Don't Be Hasty," "New Shoes," and "Loving You." The guitar in it is mostly acoustic, with a small electric part on some songs. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are carefree and sometimes silly, although they do get pretty deep on tracks "Autumn" and "White Lies." All of the lyrics are well put together and easy to memorize. Paolo's voice is soulful and peaceful, and mostly easy to understand. For how young he is, his songwriting abilities impress me. The lyrics go along very well with the music. // 9

Overall Impression: This album is probably the best I've bought yet. I foound it at best buy, and since it was only $10, and I had heard his singles, "New Shoes" and "Last Request", I decided to buy it. My only problem is that the last track is attatched to another, and then has a 5 min. pause leading to a reprise of "Last Request", which I thought could be separated in to 3 tracks. 01. Jenny Don't Be Hasty - one of my favorites, nice sound and easy to listen to. 02. Last Request - the most popular single (though still not that popular), this song is great, but not the best. 03. Rewind - great guitar, with great lyrics, my only complaint: it could have been a better duet. 04. Million Faces - this song is soulful, and peaceful, with lyrics that are powerful. 05. These Streets - though not the best, it is deserving of the album title, it has the best lyrics of all of the songs and is great to sing along to. 06. New Shoes - this is the single that no one's heard of. This is close, but I would have to say it's te best song on the album, but that's just my opinion. 07. White Lies - this is the song that has great lyrics, which go with the music. This is my least favorite of the songs on the album, though it is still great. 08. Loving You - this is the song that adds fun to the album and is great, this song makes everybody hum (and not to mention smile). 09. Autumn - played on the piano, it is the ballad of the album, with very stong lyrics to drive it home. 10. Alloway Grove - easy to learn on guitar, this song is catchy and playful. I don't know why Paolo Nuitni doesn't get more attention because he is fantastic, and if I lost this album I would definitely, with no hesitation, buy it again. // 10

More Paolo Nutini reviews rating latest review