Paradise Lost Review

paradise lost: Paradise Lost
Released: Feb 28, 2005
Label: BMG
Genres: Heavy Metal, Goth Metal, Doom Metal, Death Metal/Black Metal
If you enjoy dark music, give "Paradise Lost" a try. Then explore the rest of their work and decide for yourself what you think of the striking evolution in the true fathers of heavy gothic music.
 8.4
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Paradise Lost Reviewed by: las7, on september 25, 2005

Sound: A new Paradise Lost CD since Icons I haven't felt this good about a Paradise Lost record. It is not anything like their CD which came out before 95 but it has a lot of elements of classic Paradise. The guitars are back which is welcomed by a die hard Paradise fan such as my self. The CD as a whole is their best in years. Don't expect a radical return to the roots of the band, it still has a lot of keyboards and effects. Some songs are still too mainstream compared to their older stuff. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics are as usual a strong side of Paradise Lost dealing with many different subjects. As far as vocals are concerned there is mainly singing involved, sometimes Nick pulls it off other times he doesn't. As a whole I liked the vocals but I was expecting something more experimental with at least a little of their past present. It would have been great if there had been some growls incorporated. // 9

Overall Impression: The album had its strong and its weak moments, if it was any other artist it would have been one hell of an album but for a Paradise CD this one is not them at their best. With a more progressive/gothic sound it has a couple of really good songs and it is a welcomed addition to my CD collection. If I had it stolen I would definitely buy it again. // 7

More Paradise Lost reviews rating latest review