All We Know Is Falling Review

paramore: All We Know Is Falling
Release Date: Jul 26, 2005
Label: Fueled by Ramen
Genres: Punk-Pop, Emo, Alternative Pop/Rock
The production is great, they are quite catchy, and they have a girl singer, which is far too rare in this genre.
 Lyrics: 9.3
 8.7
 8.4
All We Know Is Falling Reviewed by: ms.brightside., on june 09, 2011

Sound: As "all we know is falling" is their debut album, I can simply say: well done. It was recorded in only three weeks and shows a wide range of different songs. The album comprises not only fast and rock-like anthems, but also slower ones, e.g. "My Heart" or "Franklin", which absolutely show that Paramore has some extraordinary song-writers/singers/band members, as the slower songs are the ones that are said to require "real talent" - if it is right or not, one has to decide on their own. The one thing I absolutely love about the band is that their singer is female, Hayley Williams, a buoyant little woman, who has an incredible voice with an extraordinary range. The changes from very low to very high notes are mastered in an ideal way and let the songs shine in every way. When it comes to the story's of their songs, one has to bear in mind, that "Emergency" is about the separation of Hayleys and other band mates parents and contains therefore serious emotions, that can definitely be heard and are inevitably touching. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics differ in every song - none of the songs deal with the same topic. They are differentiated and show a great variety. Furthermore Hayley has a very clear pronounciation of the words, so the lyrics are also well understandable. To take up their song "Emergency" again, I think that this is the song where the lyrics fit the music best. With the very high notes during the refrain one can imagine someone really almost screaming "EMERGENCY" and the emotions that are expressed with the music and the lyrics are brought together in the best way possible. // 10

Overall Impression: Due to this being their debut album one can say that their style definitley has gotten more mature - one has to recall, the album was released on July 26th 2005 and now we have 2011. In my mind the most impressive songs are as mentioned so often before "Emergency" simply of the overwhelming emotions that are conveyed to the listeners, but also "Here We Go Again" and "Conspiracy". In comparison to their sequel albums I still have to say that this isn't my favourite album though. I prefer "Riot!" as contains, in my opinion, more songs that are some serious earworms (think of misery business or that's what you get, or when it rains or I can't even tell because every song actually is). "Brand New Eyes" is the other, third, album of Paramore and shows even more the progress from the "teenie-band" Paramore to the "mature and serious" Paramore, they are today. And what I can definitely say about this album is, that if it were stolen I would so definitely buy it again, because Paramore is one of the most inspiring bands I know. // 9

All We Know Is Falling Reviewed by: belavista man, on july 02, 2007

Sound: The debut album from Paramore is not what I would class as up-to-scratch in sound. Some of the hits like "Emergency" and "Pressure" sound brilliant, but the rest of the tracks don't sound like they have been given the same level of commitment. The opening track, "All We Know", is good, but still sound amatuerish to me. The same goes for quite a few tracks on here, like "Brighter" and "Never Let This Go". Though good, they lack the commitment and effort that the band had given to the bigger songs (such as the ones previously mentioned). // 7

Lyrics: Hayley Williams is a fantastic singer, but it barely shows through on some of these tracks. It's clear of her talent on tracks like "Woah" and "Here We Go Again". The backing vocals, though overdubs, sound pretty good too as they show Williams' talent for harmony as well as melody. Some of the lyrics on here are a little bit weak, though, which brings my rating of them down by some degree. // 8

Overall Impression: I like this album. Plain and simple. It's no where near as good as the new album, Riot!, but it's still good for a debut. As with every album, there's areas that can be worked on to improve it, but for now, it's a good effort. Not fantastic, but good. I think it's definately worth the money, but it's one of those albums where you can listen to it once or twice and then put it away for a month or so before you can listen to it again. // 8

All We Know Is Falling Reviewed by: alexc123, on august 27, 2007

Sound: Well firstly, I'm abit surpised there's only 1 review for this album. But well I guess it's a pretty unknown album, well compared to Riot! anyway. Ok, so this is debut album from then pop-punk band Paramore which was recorded in just 3 weeks. it's an album that, in my case, grabbed me on the first listen. Plain and simple I just think it's a really good album that's packed full with catchy songs dripping with emotion and some great guitar riffs! This band has something different thatn most other pop-punk bands though, apart from the ovbious, (they have a female singer) just the songs they have produced are really something special and it's amazing that some of the members of the band at the time of this album were only 15! The only sort of downside of this album I can find is that it kinda short, only 35:47 minutes long. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics. In my eyes I tihnk there really good, mostly about love, relationships and break-ups. Also one great song called "Franklin" which is about leaving and missing their hometown. Now I'm 16 and I can just totally relate to these lyrics, which I think is a great thing! The lyrics are full of emotion which I think is a great thing too! The singers skills. Well What can I say? Basically Haley Williams has an extrodinary voice. Her singing is totally different from any other female alternative singer and is very distinctive. I really love the backing singing from guitarist Josh Farro, specially on the songs "Franklin" and "My Heart". His screaming at the end of "My Heart" is great because it's unexpected and is not in any other paramore song and it adds another level and shows another side to the band. // 10

Overall Impression: Ok. Most people will have Paramores new album, but hardly anyone has this album. Buy this album! I truley do believe it's better than Riot! I have both albums and I don't believe Riot! has as many good songs on it. There is not one bad or filler song on All We Know Is Falling, but that can't be said for Riot! The songs on this album I just find are much much better. On this album the songs are more kind of emotional than the new album and have in my opinion a lot more feeling. I love this album! It's very under-rated, and if you like Paramore definatly get this album! Trust me. it's better than Riot! // 10

More Paramore reviews rating latest review
+ Paramore 7.1 04/19/2013