What I Want To Be Remembered For - Greatest Hits Review

Genres: Country-Pop, Contemporary Country, Neo-Traditionalist Country
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
What I Want To Be Remembered For - Greatest Hits Reviewed by: mccabe24, on november 30, 2005

Sound: I like the nice country sounds this has to offer. A lot of the songs have a few sweet guitar licks, like 'My Heart Has A History', were Paul Brand plays with a rock like accoustic tone. The album also has some softer songs. Anyone who likes easy listening should be all over this album. The only thing I don't like is no electric guitar. One song with an electric would have made this perfect. // 9

Lyrics: Brandt is a pretty decent song writer and has some singing skills (he has won a few awards, lik best Canadian country singer or best country sing or something like that). My favorite song as far as the vocals go is 'What I Want To Be Remembered For'. I don't really like the singing on 'Yeah' but other people think it is great. // 9

Overall Impression: The best thing about this album is that you can just sit down, listen to it and just feel completly relaxed. Got a girlfriend? Want one? Some of the tracks on this album would be great for scoring with girls. This album is also very good for developing your ear. Try transcribing a few songs when you rush to your nearest music store to pick up a copy. // 10

More Paul Brandt reviews rating latest review