Live At Benaroya Hall Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Live At Benaroya Hall Reviewed by: dissident52, on august 29, 2007

Sound: The sound of this live album is amazing. I've been told that Benaroya Hall has great acoustics and it shows through. Everyone comes through great, even the fans. Some remarks are rather interesting to hear. They remarked about the acoustics as during "Thin Air", Mike and Stone lose track and the song stops. Eddie says that every mistake is noticeable and there was no way they were getting away with it. Plus the fact that this concert was an acoustic show makes it even more special. And they chose some great songs to play including "Dead Man", "Fatal", and "Masters of War". // 10

Lyrics: Eddie does a phenomenal job here, as he always does. He does a great job with the lyrics and changing them on the fly when he feels the need. Although his mistakes are even more noticeable, as he just goes into an incoherent ramble during missed lines. Eddie lets the fans sing during a part of "Black" and the part is the most emotional part of the song, in my opinion, and is part of the reason why that version is my all-time favorite rendition of "Black". // 9

Overall Impression: This is an awesome live album. Probably my favorite. As I said, "Black" is especially powerful, and I absolutely love their cover of "Masters Of War". If this album was lost or stolen, I would replace it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mind paying the money as it funds a great cause. // 10

More Pearl Jam reviews rating latest review