Live On Two Legs Review

8.9
 8.7
review (1) 12 comments vote for this album:
Live On Two Legs Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 14, 2009

Sound: Pearl Jam is one of the forefathers of grunge, and became very popular for their angry and hard rock sound. At this point they have had 4 rock albums (Ten, V.S., Vitalogoy, Yeild) and 1 experimental(No Code). This was recorded in 1998 just before they started experimented and not being so angry(which is still good). This live album is PJ in its prime. The sound is good, but is sometimes Eddie Vedder's drowns out the rest, especially on acoustic songs. This is for any experienced PJ fan and wants a taste of the early days live. // 9

Lyrics: Eddie Vedder is a great rock singer, but started to loose his same voice he had in the early days, so he had to make up for it by adding a Jim Morrison-like growl, and fits in perfectly with hard rock songs like "Hail, Hail" "Go" "Evenflow" "Do The Evolution" but his voice can sound nasally and shaky at times on choruses but still does very good. // 9

Overall Impression: I bought this album because there are so many good Pearl Jam songs I couldn't choose one album to listen to in the car. This CD works well for that. I was disappointed because there is only 16 tracks, also the band does not jam much, I would also had liked more covers, there is only one (Neil Young's F*ckin' Up). This is a good compilation of hits, but if you really want to experience PJ live buy them live on DVD (I recommend Immagine In Cornice). If I lost it I would get it again for a good price. If not save the money and buy Immagine In Cornice on DVD. If you prefer early PJ live this is a good buy. // 8

More Pearl Jam reviews rating latest review