Shine On: A Collection Review

peter frampton: Shine On: A Collection
Release Date: Oct 20, 1992
Label: A&M
Genres: Album Rock, Pop/Rock, Arena Rock
This is a double-disc, 30-song set featuring all of Peter Frampton's best-known songs and biggest hits, plus a couple of rarities and unreleased cuts for hardcore fans.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Shine On: A Collection Reviewed by: RedMoonMan, on september 11, 2007

Sound: Talk boxs, wah pedals, Les Pauls, and a British voice, and a few pretty badass keyboard solos. How could that combination ever turn out wrong? The edge of Framptons guitar and all the tricks he does with it and a sooth voice that could sing a baby to sleep. You become enthralled very quickly in this CD as you begin to feel as if you are almost front and center at the concert with the crowd. // 10

Lyrics: Frampton is an amzing song writer no matter what style he is playing weather it is a love ballad, like Show Me the Way, or a song that really gets you up and moving, like Do You Feel Like we do. No matter what song you are listening to though you are garenteed to start singing along at some point. Peters lyrics are so good that even his guitar can't help singing along. // 9

Overall Impression: If you are a Frampton fan you'll get every thing out of this album you would expect to get live. And if you aren't a Frampton fan there is no better album to show you what he is capable of then this 2 disc live album. I don't find myself litening to this album much but to me it's a must have, and I love just pulling it out every now and then and listening to it. But overall this is a great CD for anyone who appreciates his work. Since this is a "Collection" it has all of his greatest hits and best preformances on it. Each CD contains 15 tracks equaling a total of 30 amazing preformances. I picked up this CD used for about 15 dollars a few year ago so if you don't feel like blowing tons of money this CD has as many if not more songs on it that 2 CDs for 15 dollars each. // 9

More Peter Frampton reviews rating latest review