Phantom Planet Review

phantom planet: Phantom Planet
Released: Jan 6, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Indie Rock
Phantom Planet is by no means a bad album, but it is a slightly strange and frustrating one.
 9.3
 8.6
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Phantom Planet Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 25, 2005

Sound: Phantom Planet is an alternative rock band except for the fact that it's good. The sound is perfect for people who love rock music but don't necessarily like the dark and violent lyrics that have become to common in the genre. If you like Jet, Franz Ferdinand, Muse, or Led Zepplin you'll love this band. They also use the bass guitar very effectively. PP's bass guitarist is probably one of the best I've heard. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are absolutely fantastic. They aren't dark or violent, but they're not too soft. Phantom Planet's lead singer is great. Unlike bands like The Darkness, Rush, GN'R, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Audioslave this band's singer isn't hard to sing with (he isn't to high or dosen't make you scream yourself hoarse). // 10

Overall Impression: This album was the best $8.72 I ever spent. I love every song. The one dislike I have about it is there weren't enough guitar solos (there are some though). The song Knowitall is now one of my all-time favorites. Which means it's up there with Free Bird, Stairway To Heaven, Back In Black, and Seven Nation Army. I bought this album on the same day as The White Stripe's Elephant and Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits and out of the three Phantom Planet is my favorite. It's the perfect album to play in the summer in a convertible or with the sunroof down. If I had enough money I'd buy everyone in the world this CD. Seriously, it's that good. Buy it now! // 10

More Phantom Planet reviews rating latest review