Satellite Review

9.3
 7.9
reviews (6) 1 comment vote for this album:
Satellite Reviewed by: criticfantastic, on march 23, 2004

Sound: The musicianship on this album is a complete different style and sound compared to their Payable On Death album, mainly because they have recruited a new guitarist. This album varies from reggae to nu-metal to punk. This sheer variation in genre gives for a highly fulfilling and enjoyable listen. POD can also be very very heavy on this record without needing to tune below a D. The only complaint on the sound aspect of the record is the creepy start of "Youth Of The Nation" were it sounds like a load of children playing...paedophilic if you ask me! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are mainly driven religiously, basing them around love and righting the wrongs in the world. This is all well and good. // 8

Overall Impression: Awesome. This is a much needed breath of fresh air for the dull and repetitive genre of nu-metal. POD have the potential to become the world's best metal band, they just need to keep on progressing and creating different music. // 10

Satellite Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 19, 2004

Sound: This is a really eclectic CD. They are really good though. They are not afraid to use the drums or the bass (yeah) just as much as the electric guitars. They have two really boring instrumentals they could have done without though. And Without Jah was too fast and rappish for me. To me, rap is crap. The intro to PORTRAIT was cool, but not to Youth Of The Nation or Da Messenjah. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics were really good. they have a song for every mood type. i can always relate to them. but Portrait was kind of gay when it came to lyrics. It was too repetitive. // 6

Overall Impression: POD has influenced me more than any other band. If I lost this CD, I would beat the crap out of the guy who stole it. I would also get a new one if I didn't find the theif. Boom and Anything Right are really two great songs. If you don't get this CD, you SUCK! // 10

Satellite Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 02, 2005

Sound: In my opinion this is POD's masterpiece. It's got basically everything you would want in a POD album and a little more. It's got some pretty sweet solos, some incredible vocals by Sonny (screaming or singing), it has some awesome drum and bass parts, some killer riffs, some major hits like, Alive, Set It Off, Youth Of The Nation, and Boom. Then it has some lesser known songs that are killer like The messenjah, Portrait, Anything right, and Masterpiece conspiricy. Then it has some softer songs like The Ghetto which talks about the world and differences, and another slow song called Thinkin About Forever which talks about a lost loved one and the future. And there is the title track Satellite which is a very cool song that has a nice Bridge. Finally there is the two reggey vibed songs ridiculous and Without Jah Nothin'. Each song has a sound of its own but they all mold with the overall album perfectly. POD was always good at taking a certain sound and making each song fit the sound of the overall album. And throughout the whole record it just has this spacey sound to it. The albums special guests include Christian from Blindside, and a few reggea guests. This is without a doubt pods most polished album. Hard Heavy Emotional and Energtic are a few words to describe the songs. It is just a tight album with a lot to offer. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were well done. My farvorite lyrical songs were, Set It Off, The Messenjah, Anything Right, and Portrait. Sonny's skills are very good whether he is screaming with energy, singing with style, or rapping. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a flat out winner. POD's best by far. It's their effort and talent and versitality that shine on this one. Best songs are Set It Off, Youth Of The Nation, The Messenjah (personal favorite), Anything Right, and Portrait (personal favorite). Get this today if you don't have it. // 10

Satellite Reviewed by: niightwing, on june 09, 2008

Sound: The music on Satellite is just incredible. From full on metal like "Without Jah, Nothin'" to soft and emotional songs like "Thinking About Forever", this CD conveys an emotional and physical sense of understanding. As a rastafarian band, P.O.D prove that rock can be played at any level with any religion. The songs are recorded beautifully and really give the message that they're trying to send. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrics are fantastic. What more do I need to say? I mean for example: "now I know what it means to live for someone else, to give up yourself. do I make you proud mama can you see me now whatevers good in me, it's because you showed me how, to take love by the hand, so now I can share it with my baby so that she can understand" that's just golden. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, P.O.D has really gone all out on Satellite - and it's well worth your money. The most impressive tracks would have to be Satellite, Ghetto, Thinking About Forever and Messenjah. Compared to other artists, P.O.D is a unique band with a unique sound, and pulls it off wonderfully. // 9

Satellite Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 21, 2004

Sound: The sound is great, it has a mix of many different styles. They combine all types of music to make one great sounding cd. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are strong and involve lots of inner feelings that deal with life in songs such as youth of the nation. The song missing you is written about sonny missing his mom who never saw his daughter. Just great lyrics. Sonny is one of the best singers around. // 10

Overall Impression: You should definitely buy this cd, it's just awesome and full of hits. All the songs rock. This cd is simply one of the best I've ever heard. // 10

Satellite Reviewed by: black_sabbath, on february 27, 2006

Sound: The best album by POD for sure. This album has it all. From powerful words, to masterful sound. Some soulful tracks, but most of the album is awesome metal or at least hard rock. The reason I love this band is that it has a unique sound. The band POD, has it's own identity. It is the first Christian band to make it into the Ozzfest in the year 2002. Great record, with varying styles that can be described as rap metal, heavy metal, hard rock etc. // 9

Lyrics: This is where this album is a class apart from all other rap metal bands. My favourite track in this album, Youth Of The Nation, has one of the best meanings if one listens to it carefully. It talks about the youth today, and about the recent problem of depression leading to suicide, and shooting cases in schools all over the world, but mainly in the US. "Maybe this kid was reaching out for love. Or maybe for a moment/He forgot who he was/Or maybe this kid just wanted to be hugged/Whatever it was I know it's because/We are, we are, the youth of the nation." Great coordination, in all the tracks with the words, music and singing. The lead vocalist, Sonny, is the man behind the lyrics and the controlled yet emotion filled rap. POD is perhaps my favourite recent band. // 10

Overall Impression: Satellite, a must have for all rockers. With tracks like boom, alive, Youth of the nation this album is overall really awesome. With awesome lyrics, powerful sound, this album is POD's best until now though I am waiting to get hold of their new album testify. There is nothing, frankly that I hate in this album. My advice to you is to go out right now and buy this album. // 10

More Pod reviews rating latest review
+ Brown 7.5 07/24/2014