Look What The Cat Dragged In Review

9.3
 9.2
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Look What The Cat Dragged In Reviewed by: CinderellaFan14, on january 25, 2012

Sound: Poison introduces itself to the music scene marvelously with their debut album, "Look What The Cat Dragged In". The album is a great hard rocker, and it introduced Poison to the world in amazing fashion. Bret Michael's vocals on the album are just amazing, and with the help of his guitar work, Poison received their signature sound from him. This album contains some of Poison's greatest hits, and the first hit starts out the album: "Cry Tough". The song is simply perfection, and the chorus is haunting. The next song, "I Want Action", brings Poison into a harder rock scene as compared to "Cry Tough". "I Won't Forget You" is another one of Poison's greatest hits, and it takes it nice and slow, while maintaining that great rock sound. "Play Dirty" returns back to that harder rock scene that we saw with "I Want Action", and does a good job at doing so. Another big hit off this album is "Look What The Cat Dragged In", which combines that hard rock scene with the signature Poison sound we heard with "Cry Tough". The hits keep rolling with "Talk Dirty To Me", a great rocker. This song is a lot lighter than songs such as "I Want Action" and "Play Dirty". Poison is starting to show their ability to make all genres of rock sound great. A favorite of mine is "Want Some, Need Some", which has a rock sound most similar to "Talk Dirty To Me", mixed with the theme of "I Want Action" makes a great rock song! The album starts to go in a different direction with "Blame It On You", which has a unique sound that is very different as compared to the songs that made Poison famous. Another personal favorite of mine, "#1 Bad Boy", brings that hard rock sound found in "I Want Action" with a slower tempo, which makes in easy to jam to. The album ends with "Let Me Get To The Show", a song that sounds incredibly similar to "Blame It On You". Overall, this album is incredible and one of my all time favorites. Poison welcomes themselves into the world of glam metal and hard rock, and the world welcomes them in. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are classic 80's glam metal. Bret Michaels shows his talent to take vocals that other bands would make sound horrible and make them sound amazing. This is just one of many talents Poison has that makes them infamous as far as hard rock and glam metal goes. // 10

Overall Impression: "Look What The Cat Dragged In" is a really great debut album by Poison. This album spawned many major hits for the group, and helped the band find the sound that would take them all the way to the land of the rich and famous. I love that great 80's Hard Rock and Glam Metal sound that Poison brings on this album, as well as Bret Michaels' unique voice that helps make Poison themselves unique. The only thing I dislike about this album is the sound of the songs "Let Me Get To The Show" and "Blame It On You". It's not the Poison sound I enjoy, and I'm confused as to how it got onto the album. Other than that, I really love this album! The most impressive songs from the album have to be: 1. Cry Tough 2. Look What The Cat Dragged In 3. I Won't Forget You 4. Talk Dirty To Me 5. Want Some, Need Some If it were stolen or lost, and the thief managed to escape once again, I would buy it again. What's with all the stolen albums? Poison introduces themselves to the world in amazing fashion, and ends up hooking millions of fans. Poison rocks the world for the first time, and will come back better than ever! // 9

More Poison reviews rating latest review
+ Native Tongue 7.8 04/07/2009