Seven Churches Review

possessed: Seven Churches
Release Date: 1985
Label: Relativity
Genres: Speed Metal, Thrash, Heavy Metal, Death Metal/Black Metal
Possessed's Seven Churches took thrash metal's intensity to new levels of brutality.
 9.9
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Seven Churches Reviewed by: Rattlehead666, on february 13, 2006

Sound: This was the first studio album of the death metal band Possessed. The style of music in this album would be death/thrash metal. Each song on this album is fast and agressive. The solos are awesome especially the solos in the song Evil Warriors. If you like the album Dark Angel: Darkness Descends or Slayer: Haunting The Chapel or anything either by Death, Venom or Morbid, 95% chance you'll propely like this album. // 10

Lyrics: We'll seeing that Possessed is a death metal band I figured the vocals were gonna be like the vocals in such bands as Cannible Corpse or Napalm Death but Jeff Beccera's vocals kinda reminds me of Corono's vocals in the black metal band Venom or Max Cavalera's vocals in the thrash metal band Sepultura only a little less deep. The lyrics fit perfectly with the music. The lyrics mostly have to do with death. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is propely one of the best death metal albums of all time. I think Possessed are just as good as Dark Angel, Exodus, Kreator, Venom or Mercyful Fate. The most impressives songs on this album would be Seven Churches, Evil Warriors and Death Metal. I don't hate anything about this album. I like the album art to this album. If this album were lost I would propely just have misplaced it and I'll propely find it. // 10

Comments