Music For The Jilted Generation Review

prodigy: Music For The Jilted Generation
Released: 1994
Genre: Big beat, Electro-industrial
Label: XL Recordings, Mute Records
This album alltogether has a much darker and underground feel to it and Liam is retty much stretching his legs and treading into new areas.
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Music For The Jilted Generation Reviewed by: VarunRocky, on january 07, 2011

Sound: From their debut album The Prodigy have managed to revive electronica, but their scene was threatened with the "Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994" which had effectively criminalised the rave scene and response is "Music for the Jilted Genration." Much like Kyuss's change of sound, The Prodigy had moved into longer tracks allowing Liam to implement keyboard riffs everywhere. Shifting the mood drastically in some tracks and for some disappointing slow. Overall this album has a much darker and more structured also there is less sampling as there was in their debut. The drums are more distinct across all the tracks which was the major downer of experience. Another standard out feature for me is the use of organs in certain tracks such as "One Love" and "No Good (Start the Dance)." // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are less prominent and Liam uses this to jab the listener in some tracks such as "Their Law" "F--k 'em and their law" or such as in "Voodoo People" "magic people, voodoo people" but however Liam's most cleverest sample is the "Your no good for me I don't need nobody" form Helly Charles single "You're No Good for Me." // 8

Overall Impression: This album altogether has a much darker and underground feel to it and Liam is pretty much stretching his legs and treading into new areas. For me the most impressive songs on this album would have to be "No Good" and the last 3 "Narcotic" tracks. This album is lengthy and so you'll need to be a dedicated listener to fully appreciate this album 2 to 3 whirls in the CD player should get you into it. Also if I were to find another album that comes close to being this dark it would have to be Queens of the stone Age's "Lullabies to Paralyze" and for any rave fan this is a must have, as one other review stated this is the perfect album for British rave hordes dogging the police. // 10

More Prodigy reviews rating latest review
+ The Day Is My Enemy 7.1 03/31/2015