And the Rest Will Follow Review

project 86: And the Rest Will Follow
Release Date: Sep 27, 2005
Label: Tooth & Nail
Genres: Christian Rock, Rap-Metal, Rap-Rock
On their latest opus, And the Rest Will Follow, Project 86 has left behind conceptualizing and forged ahead with a disc about truth, metamorphosis, and faith.
 Lyrics: 8.5
 8.6
 8.9
 8.2
And the Rest Will Follow Reviewed by: aenimafist, on april 05, 2007

Sound: The opening track is a frickin' awesome track because of the way it is structured. The vocals on the whole album are great and the lyrics certainly are something to ponder. The guitar sound is very edgy and heavy so it blows out your sterio. Tooth and Nail Records did a great job recording the album and it sounds very clear. They are considered a christian band and I personnally are not interested in the message but the lyrics are sometimes crude. In Sincerely, Ichabod, they scream "off with your head" numerous times and some things about blades going through skin. My Will Be A Dead Man is a more classical sounding song but it is also kind of depressing. Overall the sound is very conventional and occasionally malifluous. // 9

Lyrics: Like I said before, the screaming singing is just like a metalcore band but with less growl and you can understand a lot of what they say. Although they are a christian band, the message isn't always positive which would appeal to all kinds of music lovers. The lyrics definately fit the style and in Sincerely, Ichabod, he sometimes sounds like Marilyn Manson which gives it a dark feel. // 10

Overall Impression: There really isn't anything like this on the planet which certainly makes it unique. An artist that closest compairs with Project 86 would probably be Korn because of their weird vocals and heavy guitar sound. Sincerely, Ichabod, My Will Be A Dead Man, and Doomsday Stomp are the standout tracks in my opinion. There is a lot to like about this album like the lyrics vocals and chunkiness. The one thing that doesn't stand out to me is the drumming. It has never occured to me to listen to the drumming. I would definately purchase this for a friend as a blind recommendation to anyone. I really hope P86 releases some videos. // 10

And the Rest Will Follow Reviewed by: Primis, on january 09, 2006

Sound: Project 86 has had an interetsing path to get to this album. Their 2nd album Drawing Black Lines put them on the path to this new album, and they then strayed from the sound on Truthless Heroes (an album I was so disappointed with I resold it 48 hours later), and edged back towards it on Songs to Burn Your Bridges By (a great effort that felt somewhat disconnecte din a few spots). Project 86 isn't for everyone. Some people simply will NOT be able to get past the fact that they are often hard, sonically-violent, and others may not be able to get past Andrew Schwab's unique vocal style. However, they're so much artistically different, unique, and talented hear that most people will appreciate it. Hard, vicious tracks like "Sincerely, Ichabod" and "Subject To Change" are mixed in with more-traditional rock tracks like "All Of Me," and a surprisingly-mellow track like "Something We Can't Be" (perhaps the most-impressive track on the album). And unlike Songs To Burn Your Bridges By, which had gerat songs that didn't necessarily flow well together, this entire album soudns and feels right. Project 86 expirements. Randy Torres tries all sorts of stuff on guitar (and succeeds in everything). The band likes to wander into odd time signatures here and there. The rhythm section seems a littl emore "on" this time around though. Only an 8 rating because it's not mass-appeal hard rock. It's really, really impressive soundwise though, probably Project's best to-date. Project has a unique sound that makes nearly every song seem epic somehow. This unique sound is why I continue find Project 86 a "go to" band in terms of finding good music whenever they have a new release. // 8

Lyrics: Project's a christian band. Not a in-your-face christian band. More of a band of christians that does music about what's important to them. The funny thing is, some christian outlets think they'r e biut too blunt in their presentation of their lyrics. I think that's silly. Some of this album is actually about the band themselves, and their struggle to recapture their purpose and place in the greater scheme of things after having a spat with a label that saw their previous album released twice. They also wander into the End Days in "Doomsday Stomp," being yourself and what you were meant to be (both as an individual and as a body of people, the Church, your team, You The Person, whatever) in "Something We're Not." They're not the most-beautiful lyrics, they're not the cleverest, and the cliches do pop up. However, they're not stale, they get the point across, they fit very well with each song, and most-importantly aren't just incidental to the rest of the music. 7 because they could improve I guess, but they're pretty good. // 7

Overall Impression: This is probably their best album to date, all thinsg considered. It doens't have that absolutely killer earworm track like Drawing Black Lines had in "One-Armed Man," and it's not some weird musical voyage liek Truthless Heroes was. It's just a really good, really solid album by what is probably one of the more-underrated bands out there. I don't knwo if their christian ties scare people off or what, this band has musical sensibilities which blow the majority of bands out of the water. I've had some friends listen to this album that are unfamiliar with them and are not also necessarily really hard rock or hardocre-type fans, and they had a very good reaction to it and were impressed by the variety, progressions of the songs, and where it all went. I'm excited about this band again, probably the most than I have been since back when Drawing Black Lines hit. If they keep firing on all cylinders, Project 86 may finally get some love and respetc from the rest of the rock scene. This is going in my car and probably going to stay there in the CD player for quite a while until something else forcibly bumps it out. 9 because the sum result is much greater than the individual parts. // 9

More Project 86 reviews rating latest review