The The Flesh Eating Rollerskate Holiday Joyride Review

psychostick: The The Flesh Eating Rollerskate Holiday Joyride
Release Date: Sep 25, 2007
Label: Rock Ridge
Genres: Indie Rock, Comedy Rock
The quality of this album is definitely as great as the first one and is 100% worth it to any fan of hardcore, metal, off the wall christmas music, or just anyone with a sense of humor.
 9.6
 9.3
 9.9
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
The The Flesh Eating Rollerskate Holiday Joyride Reviewed by: Neverhead666, on october 08, 2007

Sound: A good death metal sound. Heavy guitars, fast paced drums, growling vocals, and amazing bass playing from Mike (Mike The Evil). It's a Christmas album of sorts, and one I would recommend buying. I've been looking forward to this release ever since I first heard their debut, "We Couldn't Think of a Title." If you like heavy/death metal, then this would be an album for you. I found the most enjoyable guitar riffs to be found on "Holiday Hate" and "Jolly Old Sadist." // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are meant to poke fun at Christmas time and the holidays. The lyrics work very well with the music, and they'll give you a good laugh. Mike and Josh were very creative in the production of this album, and the lyrics sound great. For a comedy metal band, you have to come up with good lyrics. What these guys have created are both serious and comedic at times, as found on songs such as "Holiday Hate" and "Happy F@&#ing New Year." // 10

Overall Impression: Psychostick have created another truly unique and great album. It is one well worth buying. The reason I give the overall impression an 8 is because of the albums one downside. For 8 tracks, there is only just above 18 minutes of music on it. Only 5 of the tracks are actual songs, and the other 3 are just intro fills. But I would still recommend it to any metal head who enjoys good music and needs a good laugh. The album was put together quite well. My personal favorite songs from this album are "Holiday Hate" and "Jingle Bell Metal." But all the tracks (that are actual songs) are great. Buy this album and their previous one "We Couldn't Think of a Title." You won't be disappointed. // 8

More Psychostick reviews rating latest review
+ Space Vampires VS Zombie Dinosaurs In 3D 8.6 08/18/2011