Matters Review

Released: Apr 6, 2004
Label: Epitaph
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk Revival, Punk-Pop
On its fifth album, Simi Valley's Pulley delivers its most impressive batch of tunes to date.
 5.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Matters Reviewed by: imnopunkrocker, on august 13, 2005

Sound: Between the guitars, bass, and drums, it creates a harmonic melody of greatness. Ok, that was stupid. I was trying to say that all the instrements fit together nicely. They have a unique sound that I haven't heard from anyone else. There are no slow moments in this album except the last song that is accustic, not bad just different. The guitarist has some awesome solos and neat effects and the bass has some good riffs too. The drummer just keeps a nice driving beat. Sometimes simple is better, in this case it is. Good skate music for all you skaters out there. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are about all sorts of things. Rock shows, insects taking over the planet, girls (of course, who can't write about them), hating yourself, drugs, busted at a party to name a few. The singer sounds like a 35 year old guy. Which is awesome. How many singers of bands sound like 35 year old guys, besides the ones of like Aerosmith and U2 (I despise greatly) which have been around forever. The lyrics compliment the music nicely. Pretty music makes me cry. // 10

Overall Impression: There is noone that really sounds like them. The sound is so original. I can't really even pick out any of the good songs because there so many. I like the sounds and lyrics of this CD and have no dislikes. I have listened to it 15-25 times in a row on trips and stuff and I only quit because my batteries died or someone else wanted to listen to it. It is an beautiful work of art and should be bought or stolen from someone else that has it. Just make sure you don't get caught. Happy stealing! // 10

Comments