V Is For Vagina Review

Puscifer: V Is For Vagina
Release Date: Oct 30, 2007
Label: Puscifer Entertainment
Genres: Electro-Industrial, Industrial
V Is for Vagina sounds absolutely nothing like Tool or like A Perfect Circle. The music for the most part is quite industrial sounding.
 8.8
 9.3
 8.2
review (1) 24 comments vote for this album:
V Is For Vagina Reviewed by: sleazy_d, on november 22, 2007

Sound: Most Tool and A Perfect Circle (APC) know of Maynard's side project Puscifer which includes ex-NIN guitarist Danny Lohner. V is for Vagina is their first full album and I must say I've been waiting for it awhile. If you've tried to follow the band you know that Puscifer had songs that went along with the two Underworld movies. Most noteable would be Rev 22:20 which I think is their best song. But the album itself I have to say kind of disappointed me. The instrumental part of the album is great and I absolutely loved it but Maynard's singing (I'm guessing it's Maynard but I've never heard him sing like this) It just seems he could do better. The whole album he sings in a flat, slow voice that sets the mood I admit but it's not what I expected. If you listen to the original Rev 22:20 you can clearly hear what Maynard is saying, but some of the songs on the album had me straining to hear what he was saying. But this doesn't turn me away from Puscifer I still love the sound of the album so I'd have to say 8.5 to 9 but that only cause I love the instrumental part of the album. Especially the riff from Momma Sed someone needs to tab that. // 9

Lyrics: Again as I said above I had a hard time hearing the lyrics but now that I think of it the speakers that I used are crap. But Maynard had a hand in writing all the songs so the lyrics have to good. So I'm just going to put a 10 here and call it good. Sorry I couldn't be more informative about the lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: Well I have to say I overall love the album and would definitly replace it. I have to say the best part of the whole album is the cover art. OMG it's so funny but of course don't buy it just for artwork. So far the songs I love the best are Momma Sed and Queen B. Now if your expecting this to be anything close to Tool or APC you definitly be disappointed. There is no way this album can compare to anyting those two bands can release. But you must remember this is the first album. I'm expecting big things for their next album. // 9

More Puscifer reviews rating latest review
+ Donkey Punch The Night [EP] 6.5 02/19/2013