No Kill No Beep Beep Review

q and not u: No Kill No Beep Beep
Release Date: Oct 24, 2000
Label: Dischord
Genres: Post-Hardcore, Indie Rock
Buy this for the enjoyment of technical spazz pop that few can produce with such tact.
 9.7
 8.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
No Kill No Beep Beep Reviewed by: ObscuredByLight, on april 11, 2006

Sound: Q And Not U have a really original sound. A very fantastic original sound, to be more exact. No Kill No Beep Beep shines in all its glory and lives up to it's fullest potential as an album. The percussion is absolutley fantastic, but too often steals the spotlight. Dueling guitars dish it out with effects, unique rhythms and dynamics. Coming from DC, Q And Not U bring their trash/punk/whatever sound along with them, and are ready to rock any party. // 9

Lyrics: Its as if the singers have been brewing a large concoction of thoughts and spat it all out with the release of NKNBB. The lyrics are crytpic, generally politically and emotionally charged, rocking it At the Drive-In style. The singing is done with minimal screaming, and catchy lines ("It is time to start burning some fields"/"Left lane must turn left at signal...") in the end you'll probably be singing along. // 10

Overall Impression: In my opinion, this is Q And Not U's best album. Followed by Different Damage. Some songs that really stand out are Little Sparkee, Nine Things Everybody Knows, We Heart Our Hive, Kiss Distinctly American, and Hooray For Humans. It's sad that albums and bands like this are so rare. This is an amazing album. If my copy was stolen/lost I would most definatley buy it again. Hell, I'd buy 2 so if that happens again, I'm prepared. // 10

Comments