Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You Edition Review

artist: queen date: 08/25/2005 category: compact discs
queen: Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You Edition
Released: Aug 17, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Album Rock, Glam Rock, Heavy Metal, Arena Rock, Pop/Rock, British Metal, Prog-Rock/Art Rock
This reconfigured Greatest Hits was the best available hits compilation.
 9.7
 8.2
Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You Edition Reviewed by: canucksrule, on february 10, 2005

Sound: Queen's signature sound is fantastic, I'll give them that. The skilled piano work, the talented guitars, John Deacon's bass riffs, and the beats are all excellent. And let's not forget Freddie Mercury, who pretty well made Queen with his unique voice. I can listen to every single song on this CD and not get bored at all. Queen is probably the only band that is like that for me. // 10

Lyrics: Freddie Mercury is the greatest vocalist of all time. He can hit high notes, low notes, screech out loudly like Robert Plant, only better, or sing softly and quietly like only he can. The lyrics are often very satirical, though more than occasionally heartfelt, which makes me love this band even more. With all other bands playing music only about girls and how crappy their lives are, it is always a welcome change. The lyrics on "Fat Bottomed Girls" crack me up every time I listen. Queen's vocals are absolutely phenomenal. // 10

Overall Impression: The only thing about this CD is that it has a few songs that I can remember the sound of though not the names, and I would have liked to see them on there. However, with Bohemian Rhapsody on it, you can't go wrong. An excellent live version of Under Pressure is on it for those of you who don't know, that is the song that Vanilla Ice ripped off to make his one and only hit, "Ice, Ice Baby." I would definately buy this CD again, as it has all my favourite Queen tracks, though I'm sure I could buy any other album as well, due to the fact that I have never encountered a Queen track that I have absolutely hated. Well done Queen, you are magnificent, although as I said, "Greatest Hits" packages never have all the songs you could possibly want. // 8

Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You Edition Reviewed by: DownDark, on august 25, 2005

Sound: All of Queen's trademark sounds are gathered in this ultimate compilation album. Originally released in 1981, Queen compilation albums have only changed over the years. This is probably the best Queen compilation you can possibly ask for. // 10

Lyrics: Over the years, Queen's sound and lyrics have changed but still remain amazing. The lyrics always match the atmosphere of the music and never fail to please the ears. Queen's music always seems to keep the listener satisfied. from "Bohemian Rhapsody" to "We Are The Champions," Queen will always be remembered as the ultimate rock band and Freddie Mercury be remembered as the ultimate singer. // 10

Overall Impression: This amazing compilation album captures Queen's unique sound into one neatly polished package. This does compare with the other compilation albums like "Greatest Hits II" and "Greatest Hits III". All the songs are impressive including "We Are The Champions," "Don't Stop Me Now," and without a doubt "Bohemian Rhapsody." I love that this compilation captures the bands sound perfectly. I hate that this album includes the dull soundtrack single "Flash." I also hate that some Queen compilations are constantly being made and are extremely subpar to this album. If it were stolen/lost I would buy another copy. It is definitely worth buying, so buy it! // 10

More Queen reviews rating latest review
+ Greatest Hits I 9.4 04/24/2012