Queen On Fire: Live At The Bowl Review

artist: queen date: 02/16/2007 category: compact discs
queen: Queen On Fire: Live At The Bowl
Release Date: Nov 9, 2004
Label: Hollywood
Genres: Prog-Rock/Art Rock, Hard Rock, Glam Rock, Pop/Rock, Album Rock, Heavy Metal, Arena Rock, British Metal
The concert is documented on this 25-track double-disc set, one of many double-live albums that Queen have released throughout and after their career.
 9.5
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Queen On Fire: Live At The Bowl Reviewed by: Thechich, on february 16, 2007

Sound: As Queen have proved time and time again they are brilliant musicians, exploring many generes, not just restricting themselves to classic rock. This is a great live album, their fresh and unique sound is as evident here just as much as it is elsewhere. Roger Taylors Drumming is brilliant, as is Deacons bass playing. However Brian May and Freddie Mercury (ofcourse) really make this album. The way Brian May plays both rhythm and lead guitar, changing seamlessly between the two is brilliant and his solos are on of the few guitar sounds that are both unique and instantly recognisable. Freddie! Well what can you say? He is with 3 brilliant musicians, but they are almost just there as his playground. A true entertainer and showman and his incredible range is on display in full as is his crowd gamesmanship, the way he spars with them is great. // 10

Lyrics: The Lyrics Queen produce are brilliant, obviously being a live album there are no songs here that are new to anyone, but this album displays as well as any other the stunning lyrical ability the band have. If you were going to push me I'd probably say that my least favourite songs were 'Staying Power' and 'Back Chat' but that is really only because UG do say try and be critical, given the choice I'd never criticise them. // 9

Overall Impression: This is another fantastic Queen album and does make me wish that I was old enough to have been able to see them live. The chemistry between the 4 band members is probably as perfect as anyone could wish, as the title of the album suggests, Queen were on fire. It's one of musics greatest tragedies that Freddie Mercury passed away when he did. Were it lost or stolen I would definitly buy this album again. In fact I'm telling you if you don't have it buy it now! // 10

More Queen reviews rating latest review
+ Greatest Hits I 9.4 04/24/2012