A Day Late And A Dollar Short Review

queers: A Day Late And A Dollar Short
Release Date: 1995
Label: Lookout
Genres: Indie Rock, Alternative Pop/Rock, Punk Revival
A Day Late And A Dollar Short is good for completists, but maddening to listen to because the recording and songwriting quality veers all over the place.
 5.6
 4.7
 6.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
A Day Late And A Dollar Short Reviewed by: downwithemo, on august 17, 2006

Sound: It sounds crappy and very high pitched. You can't tell it's the same guys that released "Grow Up" or "Love Songs For The Retarded". There are one or two good songs on the whole album. Kicked Out Of The Webelos, Tuly Is A Wimp, Useless, and Wimpy Drives Through Harlem. Wimpy is a bad singer too. It wouldn't have been as bad if Joe King was the one singing. It also lacks the nice melodys with everyone singin in harmony that they noramlly have. // 3

Lyrics: The lyrics are funny. "Love me, beat me, wimp me, cum all over tits then get the f--k out" it's as funny as any Queers album. "I'm Useless" will have you laughing your a$$ off. The "Mac Arthurs Park" cover pretty good too. Let just say the Lyrics aren't the problem. // 7

Overall Impression: My Overall impression was that a blind deaf kid could have made better songs. I love The Queers but I hate this album. "Wimpy Drives Through Harlem" is the most impressive song on this CD beacuse Joe is doing his "OoooOo". I could listen to any of there other album all day but this one is bad, really bad. If it was stolen I could have cared less. // 4

More Queers reviews rating latest review
+ Don't Back Down 8 03/17/2006