Defiant Imagination Review

quo vadis: Defiant Imagination
Release Date: 2004
Label: Skyscraper Music
Genres: Death Metal
The sound is great, nothing is like the first song of the album, Silence Calls The Storm, they pass from the hard riff to the totaly different style solo that sounds great.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.9
 9.9
 9.8
Defiant Imagination Reviewed by: talirak, on january 18, 2006

Sound: This is the greatest album that I bought this year and I buy smoething like 10 CDs per week. The sound is great, nothing is like the first song of the album, Silence Calls The Storm, they pass from the hard riff to the totaly different style solo that sounds great, it's probably the best instrumental I know. Beside the fact of the bass, that I don't hear that much. And what's really good is the drums that guy has a real talent. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are true but they didn't come and get me to the bottom of my soul, but the singer has a talent like no one, his voice is so hard, it's absolutely mindfreaking. I never heard a guy scream his haed off like him, he is great. // 9

Overall Impression: This CD is really their greatest album, it's in my top 10 favorites albums. Particularly with songs as Dead Man's Diary and Silence Calls The Storm I got stuck on that CD. Whatever I do I always have this music with me. I love everything about it, it's great. If this album was stolen to me I would find the guy that stole it and kill him (just joking) but I would really go and buy it back! // 10

Defiant Imagination Reviewed by: boyan89, on october 27, 2008

Sound: The fourth release from the Canadian Technical Death metal veterans, and this CD provides excellence ins so many ways. William and Bart provide the melody that Quo Vadis is known for, and their guitar playing style is varied and absolutely unique. The fast paced riffing, the solos are great especially that clean one in "Silence Calls The Storm" and the first solo in " To The Bitter End" just absolutely intense. Yanic Bercier he may well be the best drummer in technical drumming today, he can play fast and slow at the exact same time, going from double bass fast action to just relaxing cymbal clashes and snare pounds. The best drum lines are " To The Bitter End", " Break The Cycle" and "Dead Man's Diary". Now the bass we all know Steve DiGorgio right? Well, welcome to the world of Quo Vadis where every instrument can be heard, the bass has been recorded very solidly and you can hear every note that genious plays and the bass in " Silence Calls The Storm" and " Dead Man's Diary" is just absolutey bizarre and this guy has helped these guys make a monumental album. Stephane Pare, that guy has one of the best screams and he can hold it for a really long amount of time, and it just shows how much talent this band has. Overall just a brilliant instrumental performance displayed by the band members. Might I add mention that two classical pieces " In Articulo Mortis" and " Ed Intuo Et Servo Te", are very good interludes and can help you think man Quo Vadis are f--king great. // 10

Lyrics: Very poetic, and defenitely have deep meaning, behind them. I know that I'm pretty sure "Silence Calls The Storm" is about politics and the war going on in Iraq, Afghanistan etc., " Fate's Descent" and "In Articulo Mortis" are songs about the great legend Chuck Schuldnier, who was big in bringing forth the term death metal. A nice vocal delievery overall and defenitely some meaning in those lyrics, just great. // 10

Overall Impression: This can compare to the other Quo Vadis albums, but I would say here they are more melodic and are not as heavy as Day Into Night, but that's okay, because in my opinion I think this is the best CD this band has done. My favourite songs on this album are " Silence Calls The Storm", " Break The Cycle", " To The Bitter End" and "Dead Man's Diary" because of the variety and the fact that no song sounds the same on this album, don't get me wrong though every song is great. I love everything about this album, so obviously there is nothing to loathe. If it we're stolen I would probably tell the guy that he has a really good taste in music, but then I would beat him senseless and get it back, and make him buy it. Losing it though, I will definetely buy this again, it is my favourite CD right now. I recommend this for the people that are into technical/progressive/melodic/death metal, and for basically anyone that plays a guitar, bass or drums. This album will not disappoint! // 10

More Quo Vadis reviews rating latest review